snom M700 with M65 provisioning

martin@blacktec.de

I have troubles with the provisioning of my snom M700. Under "Management" I resetted the DECT base station with "Default Base Station". In the SIP Log I see several Subscribe tries, but Vodia doesn't see the M700 (I think it should be be listed under Phones > LAN Devices):

Sent to udp:224.0.1.75:5060 at 09/06/2020 20:20:30  (684 bytes)

SUBSCRIBE sip:MAC%3a0004XXXXXX@224.0.1.75 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.111.40.64;branch=z9hG4bKy6xqp9cxgo6s

Then I tried to do the manual provision and wanted to add the provision url to Management > Configuration > Configuration Server Address. The documentation says it should be http://address/prov/snomMMMMM.htm, that means in my case http://pbx-ip/prov/snomM700.htm but that also doesn't work.

I also added the IPEI of one of my M65 handsets in the "Parameter 1" on the tab Extensions > Registration > User agent setup.

M700 Firmware: IPDECT/04.50/B0013/12-Nov-2019 14:03
Vodia PBX: 
65.0.8 (Debian64)

Any hints what's wrong?

So this is in the LAN? Did you use the "LAN devices" menu to discover the M700? This works only if the MAC was not assigned to an extension yet. Also the M700 needs to be factory reset (the default username password). The provisioning link is correct, it should fetch the configuration if you have set the MAC address and started the provisioning window on the PBX side. 

Meanwhile I'm a big step further. I think the reboot didn't work on the M700 successfully. I did the manual provision again and now it worked smooth! So now I have the first two M65 which also have been registered to the M700. But now I have further problems...

- If I try to do an internal call between the two M65 there is only the announcement that the extension is not available. Here is the log:

[5] 23:49:18.960 Last message repeated 2 timesⓘ
[5] 23:49:18.960 Port 41: Incoming call in domain localhost on port 41 extension 10ⓘ
[5] 23:49:18.961 Call 18: New call created with Call-ID 41ⓘ
[4] 23:49:18.961 Dial number 20 from user 10 and dial plan Defaultⓘ
[2] 23:49:19.004 LDAP request coming from a non-extension user id 0ⓘ
[5] 23:49:19.296 INVITE Response 488 Not Acceptable Here: Terminate 3ccc7187@pbxⓘ
[5] 23:49:19.298 The JS CDR interface requires a CRM licenseⓘ
[5] 23:49:19.299 Cannot terminate non-existing call port (call-id=42)ⓘ
[5] 23:49:22.188 The JS CDR interface requires a CRM licenseⓘ
[5] 23:49:22.192 Last message repeated 2 timesⓘ
[5] 23:49:22.192 Cannot terminate non-existing call port (call-id=41)ⓘ

- also, if I make a call from extern only the mailbox of the extension answers.
So my question is - why are the extensions in status "not available" for Vodia? Where can I check what happens?

Apart from this (basic) problem my next steps will be to add the A190 headsets to the extensions - I hope this is supported by Vodia (for switching between handset and headset) and the master/slave-configuration for the 2nd M700. If somebody has some hints for configuring that I will appreciate it 🙂

488 points at a problem with the codec and/or SRTP. As a first step, I would switch to TCP to make sure it is not a SRTP problem. Did you change anything with codecs?! 

As for the headsets they are from the PBX point of view just another DECT endpoint. You have already seen the parameter 1 trick to tell the base station what IPUI to use for what extension (actually you can also do this "manually" with the pairing process through the web interface of the M700). We did not test this here—but I would not expect any difference with another snom DECT handset.

Great! After setting TCP I also checked the codecs. There were no codecs settings at all. So I set the default and now it's working. Thanks!

The headsets on the M700 can be "paired" with a handset. To achieve this you have to set the option "paired terminal" at the extension (eg. Terminal Idx 1 = M65, Terminal Idx 2 = A190). Afterwards you can switch between those both while calling by simply pressing the "green" button (or you can dial on the handset and then switch to the headset with one click). My workaround was to give them separate extensions and afterwards I manually paired them in the M700.

One issue for the basic configuration is how to configure the multi cell support of the M700. Do I have to do this in the M700 after provisioning or can this configured by provision?

There is a guide at https://service.snom.com/display/wiki/DECT+-+1.+Multicell+Deployment+Guide that shows the steps for Multicell. It will be hard to do the whole setup through the provisioning (signal strength etc). It makes sense to provision the primary cell, and then have the slave cell receive the config e.g. through multicast.