Yealink T43u Button Options

Vernon

Hello,

I've been testing the T43U unit and it does not have the possibility to edit the EXT/DSS key buttons on the button page even though the hardware can support it.

I think the PBX may be tagging it as a T42 style unit after provisioning and prematurely removes the ability to edit those extra keys. While i don't actually have an EXP board plugged into the phone. I tested with some Snom phones and in the same scenario the pbx gave me the extra button options after provisioning.

The T43U has the EXP43 unit, which is used on the T43U, T46U and T48U.

I followed the instructions and you are correct, i am able to manually change the model of the phone but the problem is that the next up Yealink model that has button configuration is the T46 which is a little different from the T42.

This is the button configuration for a default T43U that's on the PBX right now.

T43U.thumb.PNG.c696c14027552d031da1fc1425652ab9.PNG

This is the button config for a T46.

T46.thumb.PNG.438a87a3fd6ca451ba2b089bbd1db5b8.PNG

So in order for the T43u to be able to use the EXT button configurations they would always need to be configured as a T46, the provisioning issues might be minor since the yealink config is just one common file but might cause administration issues.