Simultaneous Callers in Queue

frederick

I have an issue on queue processing for PbxNSip;

This is when I have simultaneous callers on queue, and 1 caller is picked-up, the 2nd caller continuous to be on-queue instead of ringing the free Extension.

But when the 1st Caller hangs-up (or the Extension handling that call hangs-up), the call from 2nd Caller immediately went thru both Extensions.

Is there a parameter setting to make simultaneous callers on queue be handled by different Extensions? That is when the 1st Caller on queue was answered, the 2nd Caller will be sent to the free Extension and be answered as well.

Thanks,

Fred

I have an issue on queue processing for PbxNSip;

This is when I have simultaneous callers on queue, and 1 caller is picked-up, the 2nd caller continuous to be on-queue instead of ringing the free Extension.

But when the 1st Caller hangs-up (or the Extension handling that call hangs-up), the call from 2nd Caller immediately went thru both Extensions.

Is there a parameter setting to make simultaneous callers on queue be handled by different Extensions? That is when the 1st Caller on queue was answered, the 2nd Caller will be sent to the free Extension and be answered as well.

That sounds more like a bug to me: Two guys in the queue, one of then ringing agents. That call is being picked up by *87, and the other call does not advance in the queue and just stays there in the queue listening to music. Right?

That sounds more like a bug to me: Two guys in the queue, one of then ringing agents. That call is being picked up by *87, and the other call does not advance in the queue and just stays there in the queue listening to music. Right?

Yes, the 2nd Caller on the queue just remain on the queue and just listening to music, it doesn't advanced to the agents, UNLESS the 1st Caller hang-up, then both agents will ring.

Please confirm when can we realize this solution.

Thanks,

Fred

Hi Fred:

I have the same problem, change at agent group setting, the Agent Selection algorithm from Random (default) to Ring longest idle first or to the 3th option, it works.

Best Regards

Juan Acevedo

acevedo1@une.net.co

Hi! Juan,

In fact it is to the 3rd option in my case, then I change it to (2) Ring longest idle first, and also to Random (default). It didn't worked on both cases.

Strange is, if the other agent (on call) hang-up, it will start ring the free agent (idle), and later on the other agent.

Any other advise?

Thanks,

Fred

Hi! Juan,

In fact it is to the 3rd option in my case, then I change it to (2) Ring longest idle first, and also to Random (default). It didn't worked on both cases.

Strange is, if the other agent (on call) hang-up, it will start ring the free agent (idle), and later on the other agent.

Any other advise?

Thanks,

Fred

Is there any defined timeline for the commercial release of this version 3.1.1?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We have the same problem.

When we have similtanous callers and the first caller is picked up after ringing an extension, the 2nd caller will remain in the queue and is not routed to an avaialable agent exentension. If we disconnect and try again, (first caller is still on the phone) there is no problem and the 2nd call is directly routed to an available agent.

The fix of the new version worked only once. When we tested this the 2nd time the same problem occured.

What can we do to fix this problem ? We miss a lot of calls by this.

Thanx in Advance

Make a backup of your working directory and try upgrading to this: http://pbxnsip.com/download/pbxctrl-3.1.1.3100.exe.

Hi! this link is not working http://pbxnsip.com/download/pbxctrl-3.1.1.3100.exe,

where can we get this version?

I also tried to go to the download software area of pbxnsip but didnt find this version;

I just saw the following other versions:

PBX 3.0.1.3023 2008/10/03 Windows 32 Executable

PBX 3.0.1.3023 2008/10/03 Windows 32 (update) Executable

PBX 3.0.1.3023 2008/10/03 Mac OS (Darwin 9.0) Executable

PBX 3.1.0.3043 2008/11/24 Linux (CentOS 5) Executable

PBX 3.0.1.3023 2008/10/03 Linux (SuSE 10) Executable

PBX 3.0.1.3023 2008/10/03 Linux (RedHat ES4) Executable

PBX 3.0.1.3023 2008/10/03 Linux (Debian 4.0) Executable

PBX 3.0.1.3023 2008/8/13 CS410 Update package Executable

PBX 2.1.14.2498 2008/8/8 Windows 32 Executable

PBX 2.1.14.2498 2008/8/8 Windows 32 (update) Executable

PBX 2.1.14.2498 2008/8/8 Linux (SuSE 10) Executable

PBX 2.1.14.2498 2008/8/8 Linux (RedHat ES4) Executable

PBX 2.1.14.2498 2008/8/8 Linux (Debian 4.0) Executable

Thanks!

We verified the simultaneous calls, it is now working!

Frederick - Rogier,

Would you share information on the number of logged in users in the agent groups? What Phones are you using?

We have soon to be approved project with 40+ sales agents logged into the same agent group and least busy ring will be the used. Agent Group Status, Info. Instant Messaging is Critical for the success of this project. Monthly inbound 800 numbers will peak near 200,000 minutes and missing calls is not an option. Are the troubles mentioned in this post firmly resolved and what advice might you give on managing these ACD Agent Groups?

Cheers

Frederick - Rogier,

Would you share information on the number of logged in users in the agent groups? What Phones are you using?

We have soon to be approved project with 40+ sales agents logged into the same agent group and least busy ring will be the used. Agent Group Status, Info. Instant Messaging is Critical for the success of this project. Monthly inbound 800 numbers will peak near 200,000 minutes and missing calls is not an option. Are the troubles mentioned in this post firmly resolved and what advice might you give on managing these ACD Agent Groups?

Cheers

Hi! unfortunately, I can only simulate few calls as my sip line has limitations of concurrent calls, but I was able to detect the problem before.

Now, with the new version it works fine. I don't have an environment to simulate the scenario you are referring with.

Frederick - Rogier,

Cheers

Andrew,

Our group is nog that big, there are four agents logged in during the opening hours. The phones we are using are Snom 320. The basic information about the group and missed calls can be monitored in the agent screen, but we also are developing specific supervisor screens for that that we use. we are using 'ramdom' als algorithm, but long idle first can also be used. What we further did was set the ring stage duration on 999. We couldn't get this right in another way and wanted to avoid that calls are ringing on multiple phones.

Sinds the fix we haven't seen the problem. What we did was also to create an overflow to hunt group (back office) to avoid abondand calls. This is more like an extra safety issue.

Hope you have something about this ifnormation.

Rogier

ICM /Vos

The Netherlands