Background image not getting set on Polycom SoundPoint IP 670s

natedev

[Related to pbxnsip 3.0.1.3023 (Win32)]

I've noticed that I can't get seem to change the background image for the Polycom SoundPoint IP 670 from the default. I do have the latest firmware loading from the /tftp directory. It only lists Thistle as an available background from the phone (Menu -> Settings -> Basic... -> Preferences -> Backgrounds...).

As part of the SIP 3.1.1 release that I expanded into the /tftp directory, there are other images being downloaded. When I used sipXces, I was able to choose different background images. Once the phones were connected to pbxnsip, that went away.

Also, I tried editing an extension through the pbxnsip website and using "Upload picture" with one of the alternate images that were in my /tftp folder that are distributed by Polycom. That didn't work either. Online help suggested that the image should be a BMP but it showed a screenshot from a previous version of pbxnsip that had "(BMP)" in the label for the field. That's no longer there in 3.0.1. Also, the Polycoms are OK with jpegs (at least with sipXces).

Anyone have any suggestions on how to change the background images using pbxnsip and the Polycom SoundPoint phones? I'd like to take advantage of these nice color displays.

Thanks in advance.

[Related to pbxnsip 3.0.1.3023 (Win32)]

I've noticed that I can't get seem to change the background image for the Polycom SoundPoint IP 670 from the default. I do have the latest firmware loading from the /tftp directory. It only lists Thistle as an available background from the phone (Menu -> Settings -> Basic... -> Preferences -> Backgrounds...).

As part of the SIP 3.1.1 release that I expanded into the /tftp directory, there are other images being downloaded. When I used sipXces, I was able to choose different background images. Once the phones were connected to pbxnsip, that went away.

Also, I tried editing an extension through the pbxnsip website and using "Upload picture" with one of the alternate images that were in my /tftp folder that are distributed by Polycom. That didn't work either. Online help suggested that the image should be a BMP but it showed a screenshot from a previous version of pbxnsip that had "(BMP)" in the label for the field. That's no longer there in 3.0.1. Also, the Polycoms are OK with jpegs (at least with sipXces).

Anyone have any suggestions on how to change the background images using pbxnsip and the Polycom SoundPoint phones? I'd like to take advantage of these nice color displays.

I think such files must be listed in the master file (see below).

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>

<!-- Default Master SIP Configuration File-->

<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="{http-url}/polycom_phone_{mac}.cfg, {http-url}/polycom_sip_{mac}.cfg" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="" LICENSE_DIRECTORY="">

<APPLICATION_SPIP300 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP300="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300="phone1_212.cfg, sip_212.cfg"/>

<APPLICATION_SPIP500 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP500="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP500="phone1_212.cfg, sip_212.cfg"/>

</APPLICATION>

Currently we don't list them there. Hmm, if we list them there what happens if they are not there? I guess we need to take a look the version 3.1 (of the Polycom phones) templates to see where we can fit them in.

I think such files must be listed in the master file (see below).

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>

<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="{http-url}/polycom_phone_{mac}.cfg, {http-url}/polycom_sip_{mac}.cfg" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="" LICENSE_DIRECTORY="">

<APPLICATION_SPIP300 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP300="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300="phone1_212.cfg, sip_212.cfg"/>

<APPLICATION_SPIP500 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP500="sip_212.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP500="phone1_212.cfg, sip_212.cfg"/>

</APPLICATION>

Currently we don't list them there. Hmm, if we list them there what happens if they are not there? I guess we need to take a look the version 3.1 (of the Polycom phones) templates to see where we can fit them in.

I checked the XML file for my extension (c:\program files\pbxnsip\PBX\extensions\1.xml) and it had a line:

<picture>http://{x-pre-http}/images/extensions1.bmp</picture>

when I replaced "{x-pre-http}" with "localhost" and went to that URL, it showed the correct image that I had uploaded. I guess pbxnsip converted my JPEG to BMP format but it did not load on my Polycom.

When I look at C:\Program Files\pbxnsip\PBX\generated\<my phone's MAC address>\polycom_sip.xml, I see that it's missing some of the things in the sip.cfg that was in the SIP release for this phone like this block:

<backgrounds bg.gray.selection="2,1">

<hiRes>

<color bg.color.selection="1,1">

<patterns>

<solid bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.1.name="Light Blue" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.1.red="151" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.1.green="207" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.1.blue="249" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.2.name="Teal" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.2.red="73" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.2.green="148" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.2.blue="148" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.3.name="Tan" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.3.red="245" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.3.green="157" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.3.blue="69" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.4.name="" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.4.red="" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.4.green="" bg.hiRes.color.pat.solid.4.blue=""/>

</patterns>

<bitmaps bg.hiRes.color.bm.1.name="Leaf.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.1.em.name="LeafEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.2.name="Sailboat.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.2.em.name="SailboatEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.3.name="Beach.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.3.em.name="BeachEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.4.name="Palm.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.4.em.name="PalmEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.5.name="Jellyfish.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.5.em.name="JellyfishEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.6.name="Mountain.jpg" bg.hiRes.color.bm.6.em.name="MountainEM.jpg"/>

<buttons button.color.selection.1.1.modify="rgbHiLo,68,255,0,85,68,255" button.color.selection.2.1.modify="rgbHiLo,0,255,0,255,102,255" button.color.selection.2.2.modify="rgbHiLo,0,255,51,255,51,255" button.color.selection.2.3.modify="rgbHiLo,153,255,51,255,0,255" button.color.selection.2.4.modify="none" button.color.selection.3.1.modify="rgbHiLo,51,255,68,255,0,119" button.color.selection.3.2.modify="rgbHiLo,34,255,0,255,170,255" button.color.selection.3.3.modify="rgbHiLo,136,221,51,51,187,255" button.color.selection.3.4.modify="rgbHiLo,34,255,119,255,0,255" button.color.selection.3.5.modify="rgbHiLo,170,255,68,255,0,255" button.color.selection.3.6.modify="rgbHiLo,0,255,102,255,153,255"/>

</color>

<gray>

<predefined bg.hiRes.gray.pr.1.adj="-3"/>

<patterns>

<solid bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.1.name="White" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.1.red="255" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.1.green="255" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.1.blue="255" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.2.name="Light Gray" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.2.red="160" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.2.green="160" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.2.blue="160" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.3.name="" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.3.red="" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.3.green="" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.3.blue="" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.4.name="" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.4.red="" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.4.green="" bg.hiRes.gray.pat.solid.4.blue=""/>

</patterns>

<bitmaps bg.hiRes.gray.bm.1.name="Leaf.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.1.em.name="LeafEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.1.adj="0" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.name="Sailboat.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.em.name="SailboatEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.2.adj="-3" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.3.name="Beach.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.3.em.name="BeachEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.3.adj="0" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.4.name="Palm.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.4.em.name="PalmEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.4.adj="-3" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.5.name="Jellyfish.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.5.em.name="JellyfishEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.5.adj="-2" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.6.name="Mountain.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.6.em.name="MountainEM.jpg" bg.hiRes.gray.bm.6.adj="0"/>

</gray>

</hiRes>

<medRes>

<gray>

<predefined bg.medRes.gray.pr.1.adj="-3"/>

<patterns>

<solid bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.1.name="White" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.1.red="255" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.1.green="255" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.1.blue="255" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.2.name="Light Gray" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.2.red="160" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.2.green="160" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.2.blue="160" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.3.name="" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.3.red="" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.3.green="" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.3.blue="" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.4.name="" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.4.red="" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.4.green="" bg.medRes.gray.pat.solid.4.blue=""/>

</patterns>

<bitmaps bg.medRes.gray.bm.1.name="Leaf256x116.jpg" bg.medRes.gray.bm.1.adj="0" bg.medRes.gray.bm.2.name="Sailboat256x116.jpg" bg.medRes.gray.bm.2.adj="-3" bg.medRes.gray.bm.3.name="Beach256x116.jpg" bg.medRes.gray.bm.3.adj="0" bg.medRes.gray.bm.4.name="Palm256x116.jpg" bg.medRes.gray.bm.4.adj="-3" bg.medRes.gray.bm.5.name="Jellyfish256x116.jpg" bg.medRes.gray.bm.5.adj="-2" bg.medRes.gray.bm.6.name="Mountain256x116.jpg" bg.medRes.gray.bm.6.adj="0"/>

</gray>

</medRes>

<buttons button.gray.selection.1.1.modify="none" button.gray.selection.2.1.modify="none" button.gray.selection.2.2.modify="none" button.gray.selection.2.3.modify="none" button.gray.selection.2.4.modify="none" button.gray.selection.3.1.modify="none" button.gray.selection.3.2.modify="none" button.gray.selection.3.3.modify="none" button.gray.selection.3.4.modify="none" button.gray.selection.3.5.modify="none" button.gray.selection.3.6.modify="none"/>

</backgrounds>

Should I add this somewhere? If so, to what file?

• 7 months later...

I believe what people would like to see is the company's logo, not the extension number.

If we generally add that to the master file, it will mean that also the other models like 320 will download the image. That might be challenging for the internal memory. Apart from that, we can easily add the necessary XML spaghetti to the configuration template and make the link a PnP setting.