Tracking out going calls

jonscool

Is it possible to track out going calls with eyeBeam; and then log incoming time and duration time?

On a slightly separate note what's the difference between Total duration holding and Total duration talking. I know the clue is probably in the words but the stats I'm getting for these two aspects don't really make a lot of sense.

Any help is very appreciated.

Jon

Is it possible to track out going calls with eyeBeam; and then log incoming time and duration time?

On a slightly separate note what's the difference between Total duration holding and Total duration talking. I know the clue is probably in the words but the stats I'm getting for these two aspects don't really make a lot of sense.

Hmm. You mean if the eyeBeam has a local calls directory? Not sure about that...

The talking time includes the hold time. For example, if you talk for 120 seconds and within these two minutes you had the call on hold for 30 seconds, than the talk time would be 120 seconds and the hold time would 30 seconds. You can also just ignore the hold time. However, we thought that it is important information to know how long an agent held the call (not talking/working).

Hmm. You mean if the eyeBeam has a local calls directory? Not sure about that...

Not exactly; sorry I didn't word it very well. I need to know if Sip pbx daily stats email can include out going calls - if so, how do I enable it OR is there another way of tracking the amount of time spent making out going calls.

Thanks

Not exactly; sorry I didn't word it very well. I need to know if Sip pbx daily stats email can include out going calls - if so, how do I enable it OR is there another way of tracking the amount of time spent making out going calls.

Well, the daily email report includes also the outbound calls. They are not marked explicitly as outgoing calls. However by looking at the length of the number it should be easy to have a outbound call identification.

You may also want to take a look at the simple CDR method - http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Simple_CDR_Format.

Well, the daily email report includes also the outbound calls. They are not marked explicitly as outgoing calls. However by looking at the length of the number it should be easy to have a outbound call identification.

You may also want to take a look at the simple CDR method - http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Simple_CDR_Format.

Where is the CDR tool? And is there a place where you can specify what's recorded in the daily emails?

On the agent group there is an option to send the daily CDR report to an email address. Can this be sent to more than one email address and if so what kind of seperater needs to be used to acheive this.

Thanks

Jon

Where is the CDR tool? And is there a place where you can specify what's recorded in the daily emails?

On the agent group there is an option to send the daily CDR report to an email address. Can this be sent to more than one email address and if so what kind of seperater needs to be used to acheive this.

Regarding the CDR you can do the following things:

• Keep them on the PBX
  • Use the SOAP method to push the CDR out. That requires that you run a SOAP-enabled HTTP server somewhere in your network that parses the messages and then processes them (possibly put them into a local DB).
  • Use the "Simple CDR" method. This essentially avoids the relatively complicated SOAP method. Instead of writing and setting up your own software, you can use existing software like Metropolis that will process the CDR and generate the reports that you like to have.
  • You can receive the CDR in a daily email. This can be done on per-domain basis or per-extension basis.

I know that the CDR topic is important. We are thinking about two more options: (1) Appending the Simple CDR to a file just like we do with the log file. The file name may include the day name, so that you get one file per day. (2) Writing the CDR natively to a SQL database (probably mySQL first).

Regarding the CDR you can do the following things:

• Keep them on the PBX
  • Use the SOAP method to push the CDR out. That requires that you run a SOAP-enabled HTTP server somewhere in your network that parses the messages and then processes them (possibly put them into a local DB).
  • Use the "Simple CDR" method. This essentially avoids the relatively complicated SOAP method. Instead of writing and setting up your own software, you can use existing software like Metropolis that will process the CDR and generate the reports that you like to have.
  • You can receive the CDR in a daily email. This can be done on per-domain basis or per-extension basis.

I know that the CDR topic is important. We are thinking about two more options: (1) Appending the Simple CDR to a file just like we do with the log file. The file name may include the day name, so that you get one file per day. (2) Writing the CDR natively to a SQL database (probably mySQL first).

Thanks for this level of detail; however I'm having trouble just finding where the CDR is. The only reference I can find is the Wiki one; but in terms of finding the tool, activiating it and using it we're a bit lost.

What are the first steps for practical application of the CDR tool?

Jon

Thanks for this level of detail; however I'm having trouble just finding where the CDR is. The only reference I can find is the Wiki one; but in terms of finding the tool, activiating it and using it we're a bit lost.

What are the first steps for practical application of the CDR tool?

The "CDR Tool" is/was a collection of PHP scripts that work with mySQL. IMHO it went too much into "spaghetti". If you can wait a little, then I would say the option to use direct writing into mySQL sounds more suitable to me...