Inter domain security with trunks

Louis Yssel

We have a major dilemma, as this security feature is completely inhibitive on our hosting environment, as we have standard groupings of users in different domains, and this prevents us from upgrading to ver 3.0, as this trunk setup between domains will simply not work in our environment, and will cause undue administration. Having said that, not being able to go to version 3, we loose on the fix on the CDR's with speed dials and many other feautures we requested in the past.

Will it not be possible to have a switch to enable/disable this security feature in ver 3, so at leasst we could pgrade and not have the trouble with inter domain calling. This is major and I am sure will be the case with a number of hosters using PBXnSIP.

We have a major dilemma, as this security feature is completely inhibitive on our hosting environment, as we have standard groupings of users in different domains, and this prevents us from upgrading to ver 3.0, as this trunk setup between domains will simply not work in our environment, and will cause undue administration. Having said that, not being able to go to version 3, we loose on the fix on the CDR's with speed dials and many other feautures we requested in the past.

Will it not be possible to have a switch to enable/disable this security feature in ver 3, so at leasst we could pgrade and not have the trouble with inter domain calling. This is major and I am sure will be the case with a number of hosters using PBXnSIP.

We added a new feature that checks if the telephone number is on the same server and then loops the call back into the PBX. See http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Dial_Plan ("Try Loopback"). Do you think that would solve the problem?

We added a new feature that checks if the telephone number is on the same server and then loops the call back into the PBX. See http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Dial_Plan ("Try Loopback"). Do you think that would solve the problem?

I tested this and it worked for me.

You need to put the a Pattern of * at the top of the dial plan with a trunk ID of "Try Loopback".

This will always try and match the number to a number declared as a Global Number.

BTW - In V3.1 the a global telephone number is declared with a +. You must ADD the + onto the destination number in the Dial Plan.

• 4 weeks later...

I upgraded to the latest available version, got the "try loopback" option under the trunks in the dial plan. My problem is that I can't get accounts in different domains to register. I have tried to add a new trunk to the second domain still no luck. The says the account can't be found?

I upgraded to the latest available version, got the "try loopback" option under the trunks in the dial plan. My problem is that I can't get accounts in different domains to register. I have tried to add a new trunk to the second domain still no luck. The says the account can't be found?

Does the Request-URI (http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Request-URI) host name match exactly the domain name? Is "localhost" still in the game?

I created a second domain and created a new account in the domain. The account is setup on a phone and registers to the same registra and outbound proxy as the account in the primary domain. The account in the primary domain registers without any problems, the account in the second domain does not register. We have 31 domains on our version 2.1.12.2489 which work the same way without any issues. The URI for both accounts are the same.

I created a second domain and created a new account in the domain. The account is setup on a phone and registers to the same registra and outbound proxy as the account in the primary domain. The account in the primary domain registers without any problems, the account in the second domain does not register. We have 31 domains on our version 2.1.12.2489 which work the same way without any issues. The URI for both accounts are the same.

You need to put a different domain name in as the registrar.

Also make sure that DNS is set-up correctly, otherwise it won't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: I'm posting this as a new topic under dialplans instead

Hi,

I would like som more info on this. Is it possible for you to write some type of step by step guide on how to configure inter domain calling?

Lets say we have two domains

domain1 and domain2.

in domain 1 we have nr 10-50

in domain 2 we have nr 10-50 aswell

In the dialplan we currently have pattern * for the trunk.

Would it be possible to configure the dialplans so that you call domain2 by pressing eg #1 and then the nr eg #110 for nr 10 in domain2

Br

Carl