Transfer Call back to a PBX extension if routed to my cell phone

gotvoip

I would like to be able to transfer the call to an internal extension once the call is routed to my cell phone. So if I am out of the office and the call is forked to my cellphone I can transfer it to say the office manager. On some systems you can do a ##extension number and it will do this. Is this possible in pbxnsip? Since it is a b2bua I am assuming this can be done.

Good point... It might be possible using the *77xxx feature (put the call on hold and dial *77xxx), but we need to double check.

How would you put a call on hold from a cell phone? Hit the send key? I think we need to hit a key sequence like ## to trigger the pbx to do something so it is universal. If we could enter the *77 during the call and that flags it that is fine as well. This would be a nice feature to have in the system for business users.

• 5 months later...
How would you put a call on hold from a cell phone? Hit the send key? I think we need to hit a key sequence like ## to trigger the pbx to do something so it is universal. If we could enter the *77 during the call and that flags it that is fine as well. This would be a nice feature to have in the system for business users.

Did you ever get this to work? I am trying to do the same thing.

So far it seems to be a problem. Actually the problem is that once the call is on the phone, it is very difficult to keep the call and manipulate it from the cell phone. I could imagine that we introduce a new "pickup" that allows a secretary to take over an existing call which is not on hold or parked. Permissions would be similar like call barge in.