Teams & Consulted aka Attended transfers

Scott1234

I have extensively tested with Teams on what does and does not work and the quirks to determine if it's usable for customers. 

It seems the basics are all good. However, I sometimes get an OPTIONS warning on the MS admin panel, which is odd. It just randomly appears and will stay with a warning for ages, occasionally returning to normal. 

My main question is about Consulted Transfers. It seems it will open up a new call leg when you click the transfer after the consult, keeping you on the line with the destination making one of you need to hang up or accept the next call. 

Call to PBX -> Answered on Teams -> Consulted Transfer to -> PBX Internal Ext

Some reading here, is REFER active on this trunk?

Issues with call transfers - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

Not sure if its related to the change documented here, about replace headers being rejected from April 2022

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/direct-routing-whats-new#replace-headers

&

Microsoft Teams Direct Routing & Audiocodes SBCs – Replaces Header – Michael Paul | @micoolpaul

• 3 weeks later...

That is odd, because if you look into our logs you will see we receive options and respond with 200ok and also send options and get 200ok.

Regarding the attended transfer, I am sorry I did not completely get the problem. It has to open a new call to the person to whom you talk first and then complete the transfer.

That is not working as intended?

Thanks.

External Call -> Answered on Teams -> Click 'Consult then transfer' -> Key in another extension number click 'Consult' -> When answered 'Transfer' button appears Click 'Transfer' -> It keeps the Consult leg active and then begins the transfer in the background so that a second call comes in, cant it just complete the operation in one go like if doing it between two desk phones. 

Like when I use two Yealink phones and do a consult then press the transfer button the call ends and is connected to the other person 'in flight' so to speak. 

FYI, if your extension uses the press 1 to connect feature for the cell phone that also gets used for teams on a direct extension call but not a call queue call, I think you would want to standardize that operation if its effecting it on one level but not the other bringing it more in line with how it works for the cell phone. Which also will stop the teams users voice mail from taking the call with in the call queue. Ideally direct extension calls are OK to go to teams VM without press 1, but not a call queue / ring group. 

However, when it calls the team's client, it won't accept key input for pressing 1 to connect. 

Key input works when the teams client makes the outbound call, so not sure what's going on there.