Yealink Headphones buttons & Windows App

ed_fr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the choice of audio device function I assume you mean there is no option within the softphone to chose what your input and output device is. So if you have the headphones hooked up all sounds will go through them. So it makes the computer speakers useless. There is a way to fix this within the windows settings of the computer, at least from a windows 10 machine (and probably 11). But unfortunately there is no option within the actual softphone client to chose yet.

Windows Settings > System > Sound > App volume and device preferences > Vodia Phone

You will need to have the Vodia windows softphone open and running for it to show up in the list. But from there you can chose what output (top) and input (bottom) you want it to use and a volume level. This way you can keep the windows default output sound device as a set of speakers for music, sounds, etc. While having calls and sound from the softphone only come out of a headset.

As for the call pickup and call hangup button on the headset to work properly.. There is nothing we can do about that. Vodia has to integrate that headset into the softphone. Which they have not done. And I  don't know of any headset that they actually have an integration with that will work with all of the function buttons of the headset.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

The fleet of Yealink WH66 & WH62 headsets is growing more and more and teleworkers are asking for this feature.

FYI, obviously at Yealink, the windows driver seems common for the entire WHxx range. I saw a new version of the windows app is there any link?