Identify Trunk On Incoming Call

Bill H

I have 15 different incoming 800 telephone numbers and want to be able to identify which one is ringing in at any given time.

This will allow the receptionist to answer the call with the correct greeting.

I don't want to use 15 seperate buttons, I do want to use the LCD Display on the phone.

I see in the Trunk setup where it speaks of a "Display Name". This name does not apply to the SIP Registration.

I put in a name like "PBX 1234".

I did make some test calls in on the 800 number assigned to this trunk. I looked in the PBXnSIP Log File (set to show all) and did not see my test name anywhere.

I also looked in the CDR and did not see it there either.

So my questions are:

Is it possible to identify which 800 number is ringing in?

Is the Trunk Name (Display Name) available anywhere at any time?

Thanks,

Bill H

I have 15 different incoming 800 telephone numbers and want to be able to identify which one is ringing in at any given time.

Hi Bill

I had the exact same use case a while back, but couldn't figure out a way of doing it. Some key systems call it "DDI Tagging".

Joe

Since the DNIS holds the number called, you would have to work it out with the carrier to super impose the ANI (caller ID) with the DNIS (actual number dialed) ..

There is no way for the system to do this ... maybe pbxnsip can shed some light on the future ability to do this ... the ANI should be in the SIP messages ,..

Just not sure how hard it would be to incorporate it into the system ..

yori

Just use the address book of the domain. Then the system will set the display name of the recognized number to what is in the address book.

Unless I am am mistaken, the Address Book works off the Caller ID Number.

I am not concerned with Caller ID but rather the actual Trunk that the call came in on.

15 different registrations with 15 different trunks.

Is it possible to identify which trunk the call came in on?

Bill H

Well, the PBX includes a line parameter to identify which trunk it is. If the service provider (or where ever the PBX registers) is RFC compliant, that guarantees a correct trunk identification. Gateway trunks are a little bit more tricky, they must be identified by the IP address - the PBX uses the outbound proxy for this.

If the from header contains a known user name, the PBX will "override" the trunk identification and then assume the call comes from that user (after authentication).

Just use the address book of the domain. Then the system will set the display name of the recognized number to what is in the address book.

I added my cellphone number and a name to the Domain Address Book.

I then dialed into the pbxnsip and all I see is the number of my cellphone.

What should I see?

I was a bit confused by your last post.

Bill H

Are the numbers exactly the same? Maybe there is a difference with the leading "1" in the beginning. If you are usiong the "Default PnP Dialplan Scheme" in the domain, the PBX might help you by normalizing the numbers before comparing them.

It still does not work.

I entered 16032838080 in the Domain Address Book and Named it Test 1 for First Name and Test 2 for Last Name.

I called in and the display reads: 16032838080 Unknown Name

This line is from the pbxnsip Call History related to that call: 2007/07/04 09:33:25 16032838080@66.193.176.35 Bill H (105@localhost)

Am I doing something wrong here?

What is next?

Bill H

It is really weired. I assume you have only one domain called "localhost"? The trunk sends the call directly to a known extension? There must be something stupid. We'll keep an eye on this.

I only have one Domain. (localhost)

The Trunk rings in to Ext 105

I am using the most recent Version of pbxnsip

Has anyone else tried this?

Let me know if you have any success.

Bill H