Custom Headers, {ip-address} returns {x-pre-adr}

Scott1234

I have a need on a trunk where I need to define the from header as. 

<sip:{ext-ani}@{ip-address}>  I used {ip-address} based on, Trunk Custom Headers (vodia.com)

however, in PACP when using I see its replaced as <sip:123456789@{x-pre-adr}>    with no IP data. just the include statement. 

Anyone have any thoughts? 

• Scott1234 changed the title to Custom Headers, {ip-address} returns {x-pre-adr}

The PBX uses some variables to insert the IP address pre-flight. This is because a SIP packet source address depends on the actual route which takes, so that you can use e.g. private IP addresses, VLAN IP addresses, VPN addresses, public addresses, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses all on the same server (many simple SIP servers don't do that). Anyhow as for the SIP trunk, there are other variables available, but they are not the same. As for trunk headers, the documentation shows what variables are available, but you can also see them listed on TRUNK log level 9 when you try this out. 

9 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

The PBX uses some variables to insert the IP address pre-flight. This is because a SIP packet source address depends on the actual route which takes, so that you can use e.g. private IP addresses, VLAN IP addresses, VPN addresses, public addresses, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses all on the same server (many simple SIP servers don't do that). Anyhow as for the SIP trunk, there are other variables available, but they are not the same. As for trunk headers, the documentation shows what variables are available, but you can also see them listed on TRUNK log level 9 when you try this out. 

Not sure if I am following you. 

The PBX has direct WAN IP attached to interface, and I am using, {ip-address}.  , Should this not replace with the WAN/Interface IP?

Log level 9 looks like this, nothing further happens.

image.png.72fe4e9af9b7989d093a8c735521120c.png

The PCAP that shows up for this attempt has <sip:number@{x-pre-adr}> no IP data. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Scott1234 said:

@Vodia PBX Another question to do with Customer Trunk headers.

Are there any undocumented custom trunk headers that would allow us to make use of the "Other DNS address" setting of a domain, when constructing the header?

You can see all available variables in the log level 9 for the trunk. There may be some variables that are not reflected in the doc yet, and the point about logging it is to show what's available (it's probably easier than even reading the documentation). 

You can always "hard code" the other DNS address by just putting it into the header without a variable. But then obviously when you move that trunk into a different tenant, you would have to update it.