Adress book problems....

Mads Mortensen

We have problems with the global adress book in SNOM telephones.

Some user can see the adress book and some can not.

Futhermore not all adress/numbers are showed in the adressbook (at the ext. that have the access)

The address book works only if the phone has been provisioned by the PnP mechanism. Also, if the password changes the phone must be provisoned again.

the phone has been provisioned - but I still have the issues

When you press the address book button the phone always shows the first 9 entries. Then you have to "drill down" by entering another digit. For example, when you enter "5" then the PBX will search everything that starts with "JKL"; then when you enter another digit the PBX will drill further. For example "6" means that the pbx searches everthing staring with "JKL" then "MNO".

Still do not work correct.

If I need to see a adressbook member starting with "S" normally I would need to press 4 times on "7", - Correct??

If I do that the screen is just blank.

Instead, If I press

"7" (1 time)

then "arrow up" (1 time)

then "8" (1 time)

I get the members starting with "S"

Something is wrong here.......

Any help???

Still do not work correct.

If I need to see a adressbook member starting with "S" normally I would need to press 4 times on "7", - Correct??

If I do that the screen is just blank.

Instead, If I press

"7" (1 time)

then "arrow up" (1 time)

then "8" (1 time)

I get the members starting with "S"

Something is wrong here.......

Any help???

I have now been all over the set-up again, and I still have the issues above...

Any help ?????

The customer is pissed about the problem.

Nonono. You cannot search for "S" only. You can only search for [PQRS] (on of these characters). Then when you have the XML result on the screen then you can narrow down the search for the next character.

It is hard to explain. Maybe we need a video...

Nonono. You cannot search for "S" only. You can only search for [PQRS] (on of these characters). Then when you have the XML result on the screen then you can narrow down the search for the next character.

It is hard to explain. Maybe we need a video...

I am confused....!!

BUT when I press one time at "7" I should be able to see use arrow down to search through PQRS - is that correct??

When I press directory and then "P" I use arrow down to see the list - but only 9 listings are showed......

That can not be correct??

I am confused....!!

BUT when I press one time at "7" I should be able to see use arrow down to search through PQRS - is that correct??

When I press directory and then "P" I use arrow down to see the list - but only 9 listings are showed......

That can not be correct??

There are only 9 listings to limit the amound of data being transferred. It was programmed this way, there must be a limit somewhere. There are customers who have 45000 address book entries, and you don't want to load them all into the phone when pressing a button. Maybe should increase that a little. I believe Cisco can display up to 32 entries, that is probably a better limit.

There are only 9 listings to limit the amound of data being transferred. It was programmed this way, there must be a limit somewhere. There are customers who have 45000 address book entries, and you don't want to load them all into the phone when pressing a button. Maybe should increase that a little. I believe Cisco can display up to 32 entries, that is probably a better limit.

OK - but where do I change this on a SNOM320 ??

Furthermore, it still do not make any sense that I need to do following to get the company name "SUPERFOSS"

I press "7" "8" (both once) and then I have the Superfoss listings???

That make no sense to me???

OK - but where do I change this on a SNOM320 ??

Furthermore, it still do not make any sense that I need to do following to get the company name "SUPERFOSS"

I press "7" "8" (both once) and then I have the Superfoss listings???

That make no sense to me???

Changing from 9 to 32 entries must be done on the PBX. We did that already for you, the next software version will show the first 32 matches.

Yes, to get SUPERFOSS you would

• press 7 (wait for the XML),
  • then 8 (wait for the XML) and
  • then if you still don't see SUPERFOSS press 7 (wait for the XML),
  • then if you still don't see SUPERFOSS press 3 (wait for the XML),
  • then if you still don't see SUPERFOSS press 6 (wait for the XML),
  • and so on. At any time you can use the up/down key if you see SUPERFOSS and select the entry.

Maybe your cell phone has something called "T9" entry, that is similar. When using the XML on the PBX, you must wait for the answer before you can enter another digit; that is because of the link-nature of the XML documents.

Changing from 9 to 32 entries must be done on the PBX. We did that already for you, the next software version will show the first 32 matches.

Yes, to get SUPERFOSS you would

• press 7 (wait for the XML),
  • then 8 (wait for the XML) and
  • then if you still don't see SUPERFOSS press 6 (wait for the XML),
  • and so on. At any time you can use the up/down key if you see SUPERFOSS and select the entry.

Maybe your cell phone has something called "T9" entry, that is similar. When using the XML on the PBX, you must wait for the answer before you can enter another digit; that is because of the link-nature of the XML documents.

Perfetct :-)

When do you expect the next ver. of the software?