Tel protocol on web app

Matevz

Hi Team

I've started using the Vodia app as Chrome/Edge installed app and seems to work great (a lot less bugs and faster/more responsive behaviour), however it is missing click to call functionality via tel protocol (associate the app with tel protocol)

We have another PBX which works in same way and it supports it, I guess just some settings needs to be added to the app in order to allow windows to register with it

any plans to add this to the app?

cheers

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

most of CRM and websites will integrate html code with phone number as clickable URL containing TEL protocol:

image.png.8eff9391034aabe719d30dfe963a99e0.png

When you click on it it will automatically launch the application which is associated in windows with this protocol (Skype, softclient, teams....)

image.png.1582845ac58a8fd597eca7b99fc89fa9.png

I know it is definitely possible with webRTC version (web app) - we have another PBX which can do this - when you login to the webrtc client it will automatically ask you to associate default tel protocol with the webRTC application on windows.

Thank you, Anton, I am using Vodia app installed as Webapp (initially mentioned) as windows store one is causing issues, I haven't been able to resolve yet with support...

Still unsure which way to go, use Windows store app or Webapp (chrome/edge), currently Webapp is performing a lot better for us.