How to route to a domain account based on source DID?

jvoiptel

Hello,

I'm interested in knowing how to do special call-flow routing based on source DID such as 10DLC. I have a global trunk, where I want to apply a special condition and route to a specific domain's ring-group account. Is this possible? If so how? Or do I need a dedicated SIP Trunk for the domain? I see there are trunk settings settings: Destination for incoming calls - Routing/Redirection - "Use a list of expression" option. Is this where I need to make the change? If so, and if the trunk is global, how can I specify a domain account? What would happen if condition does not match, does it revert to default routing? 

Thanks for your help. 

• jvoiptel changed the title to How to route to a domain account based on source DID?

That's correct, you can use the setting "Send call to the destination in the Request -URI"   

Check also DID management, where you can assign the DID number to the extension. 

https://doc.vodia.com/docs/did-management

if the call does not connect then we need a log file.

https://doc.vodia.com/docs/admin-logging, we need Log call messages activated in the logging. 

Who's the SIP trunk provider? 

image.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 3:33 PM, Vodia support said:

assign the DID number to the extension

Thanks. Actually, we do not own the DID because we're trying to route based on originating number. Basically, we're looking to do this: <originating external caller--From_10DLC--To-inbound--DID_terminating-->SIPTrunk-->PBX--Domain--<Ringroup>. We have the terminating DID set in DID Management, but we do not own the originating 10DLC number.  

Is the incoming number always the same? You can definitely use the expression list to match specific numbers to be routed to your desired destinations.

Depending on your version you could also do it based on the address book. For example you can create a hunt group that does a service flag check for address book entry.

e.g

Create Hunt Group with final stage that follows your desired call flow. Create address book entry and name the incoming numbers with easy to recognize category, lets say "VIP". Go into your hunt group and at the bottom of redirection select "Caller in addressbook", service flag account is the category VIP, night service number is the new destination you want this number to go to.

The only problem with this approach is obviously the level of scale you want to deploy, if it's one or two numbers. easy to manage. If you are looking route calls based on area codes...etc, expression list is the better way to go. There should be a couple posts about expression lists, you should search for them if you want to get a better understanding of how to deploy it.

On 1/26/2024 at 11:09 AM, Vernon said:

Is the incoming number always the same?

Yes, incoming number is always the same, and call-from number is always the same. I do like your solution - I didn't realize the address book option exists. Problem is that the incoming number routes to an auto-attendant account before flowing to a ring group. I was hoping I can program the inbound flow to catch the call-from number and route it to a dedicated ring group. Not sure I can do that unless we get a dedicated DID for this solution. This gives me something to work with. Thanks!

9 hours ago, jvoiptel said:

Problem is that the incoming number routes to an auto-attendant account before flowing to a ring group

Auto-attendants and Ring Groups should have the same service flag functionality. I only mentioned a separate ring group so that it would be a check before going to regular call flow.

So it will look like RingGroup 1 (Service Flag Checker): only final stage send to Auto-Attendant -> Auto-Attendant (Main Incoming): Press 1, Press 2...etc time out go to Ring Group (Main Ring Group) -> Main Ring Group follows your stage settings

Basically you're just adding an extra layer on top of your call flow that checks your service flags.

Of course, that makes sense! Alright, so adding that extra layer for service-flag checking against a local address book is the solution! If it doesn't match the condition, it flows to final stage which is the Auto-Attendant account. I got it, thanks for your help!