MWL Group/Personal mailbox

bru

I have an issue were an extension is a member of a shared mailbox, which is working fine, but if a message is left in the users personal mailbox 1st and then another is left in the shared mailbox, once the user has listened to the 1st voicemail message, the lamp is tuned off and does not indicate that there are still messages in the other mailbox, this is the same if the group voicemail was 1st, then the lamp does not show that there are still messages in the personal mailbox. The messages are still there though and in the case of a group mailbox the lamp remains lit on the other extensions.

The customer is using SNOM handsets.

Any one come accross this before?

I have an issue were an extension is a member of a shared mailbox, which is working fine, but if a message is left in the users personal mailbox 1st and then another is left in the shared mailbox, once the user has listened to the 1st voicemail message, the lamp is tuned off and does not indicate that there are still messages in the other mailbox, this is the same if the group voicemail was 1st, then the lamp does not show that there are still messages in the personal mailbox. The messages are still there though and in the case of a group mailbox the lamp remains lit on the other extensions.

The customer is using SNOM handsets.

Any one come accross this before?

The problem is simply that most (all?) phones have only one storage place for MWI and the last message is stored. The workaround is to register two extensions (all phones can register the same 2nd extension), then the phone will receive the MWI on two different accounts (one private and one shared).

How do you share a voice mail box?

i want to have a general voice mail that every employee here inthe office will know when there is a message left there, and should also be able to receive its own voice mails

i have 3 general voice mail boxes at least which i want to be able to share

How do you share a voice mail box?

i want to have a general voice mail that every employee here inthe office will know when there is a message left there, and should also be able to receive its own voice mails

i have 3 general voice mail boxes at least which i want to be able to share

Hi

You can create another extension, call it "Main Mailbox", then in the Edit page add all the extension numbers in the "Permissions to monitor this account:" field, seperated with a space (201 202 203 ...). Add this extesion to your final destination of the hunt group ect and calls will go to the extensions voicemail and notify all the extensions listsed in the permissions.