buttons

nate

I have some 7960 phones, everything is working fine, but i would like to have a hold button, or transfer button? Or monitoring anyone else when on extension?

any one have any ideas?

also, anyone have any luck configuring the 7914 expansion?

any ideas?

I have some 7960 phones, everything is working fine, but i would like to have a hold button, or transfer button? Or monitoring anyone else when on extension?

any one have any ideas?

also, anyone have any luck configuring the 7914 expansion?

Hold and transfer should work using the phone's buttons. Monitoring someone else will be tricky... The Cisco SIP implementation is a little bit "unclear" on this point.

the 7960 doesn't have a hold or transfer button.

it was a soft button before

I believe hold was pressing the button right from the display (the one associated with the call). Transfer should show up as a soft key. Not sure if Cisco cancelled transfer as a feature. Maybe that depends on the firmware version.

Hold transfer and blind transfer are not a problem, they show up automatically during the call (you might need to press the more button) unless the config file is set to suppress the softkeys (or maybe if you have real old firmware). 8.10 is the current firmware. As for monitoring another extension with a BLF, Cisco's callmanager cannot even do it (you need a 7961 phone). They have not supported the 7914 aom with sip on their callmanager platform until callmanager 7 was released. I have not had a chance to try it, I am still running call manager 6.0.1 I am hoping to upgrade my callmanager to 7 soon so I can figure out if I can make it work with PBXnSIP as well