Yealink new JSON RPS Support ?

Scott1234

• 3 weeks later...

Well as long as something is working we would not touch it. There is some pressure to provide a central provisioning server hosted on a Vodia server, so that smaller Vodia users don't have to get a Yealink account; that will likely be implemented with the new JSON API then.

2 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

Well as long as something is working we would not touch it. There is some pressure to provide a central provisioning server hosted on a Vodia server, so that smaller Vodia users don't have to get a Yealink account; that will likely be implemented with the new JSON API then.

If it's implemented then with support for the JSON API that we can still leverage our own instance, that's fine. As I find some times, I need access to this level to help get lost phones back to their home, so if it's behind a global Vodia instance with no access, might be problematic.

11 hours ago, Scott1234 said:

As I find some times, I need access to this level to help get lost phones back to their home, so if it's behind a global Vodia instance with no access, might be problematic.

100 %. The pressure comes from two sides, the first one is the vendor (no only Yealink) looking at their numbers and determining that Vodia is not on their scoreboard. The second is complaints that Vodia is too hard to get working. Anyhow, we'll probably have to do JSON both on the PBX itself for those that have credentials and in the cloud for those that don't.