WEB ShortCuts with embedded user passwords

andrewgroup

Is it possible to create a url that will include the users account and passwords to ease their login?

I.E. a Desktop ShortCut Named PBX with the address of http://192.168.1.5 /user=201,pw=1234

maybe the password is the encrypted version, but would need to be accessed on the users web portal to create the link...

Maybe a button in the user interface to create the entire link to be copied to the desktop would be better.

Is it possible to create a url that will include the users account and passwords to ease their login?

I.E. a Desktop ShortCut Named PBX with the address of http://192.168.1.5 /user=201,pw=1234

maybe the password is the encrypted version, but would need to be accessed on the users web portal to create the link...

Maybe a button in the user interface to create the entire link to be copied to the desktop would be better.

Yea, I know the authentication is a pain. The first thing users can do is to set a permanent cookie (during login). That should help easy the pain. For some things, the above mechanism is already available (e.g. see http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Netsuite).

We are looking into other mechanisms like client certificates. This would be the right way of establishing trust relationships between the end user and the PBX and this would also make sure that the traffic between PBX and user is safe.

that would actually be very good, if I can for example have a billing page with the customers information which will also contain a link "click here to log into your account" and that link will go directly into his account in the PBX without popping up the window asking for authentication, the password will already be in the link

the link will be in a secured place, so it is not easily accessible by just anyone

or is this way not secured to do

Yea, I know the authentication is a pain. The first thing users can do is to set a permanent cookie (during login).

Cookies are commonly removed with desktop tools etc.....

1 reasonable thought through idea, "30 seconds max" while in the WEB login have a button that will send the user email address a LINK...This might include the encrypted password... or Display this in the screen so the user can copy paste.

Cheers,