When calling another tenant, callees are seeing the extension name instead of company name

Hi,

This is similar to another topic from 2021 -

However in my scenario, I am calling between two tenants in the same Vodia PABX instance using the "Try Loopback" item in our dial plan to allow cross-tenant communication without needing to go out through an upstream trunk.

Is there a way to hide the caller's extension display name and instead display the tenant/domain display name when calling through to a DID in another tenant/domain?

I will note that if someone calls an extension within the same tenant, we would still want to show the extension display name as per normal.

It is a real world scenario where two clients need to call each other and both are hosted in separate tenants in our Vodia instance.

We are running Vodia 69.2.4.

Thanks for your help

Michael

The "try loopback" is a really special mode with little control over the information being passed between the two tenants. What you could try is to set up a trunk with the address of 127.0.0.1 (or ::1), then you have full control over the SIP headers there. Once you are operating multiple instances you'll have to use an external SIP proxy, however that is a big step. 

11 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

The "try loopback" is a really special mode with little control over the information being passed between the two tenants. What you could try is to set up a trunk with the address of 127.0.0.1 (or ::1), then you have full control over the SIP headers there. Once you are operating multiple instances you'll have to use an external SIP proxy, however that is a big step. 

What he said, that's what I do. This will present the way you want it, just build it into a dial plan.

I just created some unique short code DID's to allow for calling specific ring groups between shops that are part of a dealer network but still separate but wanted a way to easily call into sales/service Q's at other dealers to transfer customers off. 

aadr: 
analog: false
ani_emergency: 
ani_regular: from-cell:ext-ani from-trunk:from ext-ani dom-ani trunk-ani
area_code: 
bcp: 
behind_nat: false
cid_update: info
cobusy: 500 Line Unavailable
code: 
codec_count: 
codec_lock: false
codecs: 
codest: 
contact_hdr: 
country_code: 
dial_extension: 
dialplan: 
dir: 
dis: false
dtmf: false
dtmf_mode: 
earlymedia: true
expires: 3600
failover: never
fraction: 128
from_source: pai
from_user: 
glob: 
global: true
hcv: 
hd: 
hf: {from}
hpai: 
hppi: 
hpr: 
hrpi: 
hru: {request-uri}
ht: <{request-uri}>
ice: false
icid: 
identity: 
ignore_18x_sdp: true
info_agent: false
interoffice: false
minimum: 10
name: onnet
other_headers: 
outbound_proxy: sip:127.0.0.1
pidflo: false
prack: false
prefix: 
redirect: false
reg_account: 
reg_display: 
reg_keep: 
reg_registrar: 
reg_user: 
remote_party: 
request_timeout: 
require: 
reregister_dns: false
rfcrtp: false
ring180: false
rtcpxr: false
rtp_begin: 
rtp_end: 
sdpreq: 
send_email: 
sip_port: 
spam: false
stir: 
t38_enabled: false
teams: false
tel: true
trusted: true
type: proxy
use_epid: false
use_history: false
use_sdes: 
use_uuid: false
user_defined_hdr: 
wrtc_dest_name: 
wrtc_dest_number: 

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a mechanism for "Try Trunk" if I created the "loopback" trunk? I wouldn't want to add each customer's DID into the dial plan to force it back to the system itself if it has to be explicit.

Are you able to log a feature request for more control over the SIP headers when calling tenant to tenant for the next version when using Try Loopback?