Jump to content

error 404 not found


pbxuser911
 Share

Recommended Posts

We were going to try and get global trunk to work

So we did the following and caused the following problems

 

When we set up our system, we took the “localhost” domain and changed (edit the name) it to our “company1.pbx.com” domain

Then we added more and more domains as we added new customers, for every customer we build them trunks for incoming and for outgoing

 

Today we wanted to set up global trunk for incoming since all domains have the same incoming trunk set up, so we first set up a domain called “trunk” and added the trunk we use for incoming and set it for global, then removed the incoming trunk from our “company1.pbx.com” domain, and tried calling into the system, we got a busy signal

We then proceeded to erase the “trunk” domain, saved the domain “company1.pbx.com”, than changed “company1.pbx.com” it to “localhost” and added the trunk for incoming and set it to global

Now we created a new domain called “company1.pbx.com” and used the saved file to create the domain now every time you call one of the DID’s that used to work, it gets a busy signal

So we deleted the “localhost” domain and added the incoming trunk back to “company1.pbx.com” and every time you call one of the DID’s its busy, and the log file says error 404

We added a new DID to the domain, it works just fine

We saved the domain with the new DID saved in it, deleted the domain, re-created it, when you call in the DID’s we first has then the DID’s we added in, and it doesn’t work

But interesting enough, when I call the numbers from the phones on the domain, it works, when I call it from an outside phone, it gets a busy signal error 404

 

basicly as of now you can only call us from a phone ont he domain, not from anywhere else

 

What did we do wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i looked at the call logs and i find that when i call from extension 2490 phone on the "domain1.pbx.com" account, it actually says the call is beign made from a diff domain.

then when i add my DID to that domain, the incoming calls work going to that domain

 

can it be that the domains are gettign mixed up once i deleted the "domain1.pbx.com" domain?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i looked at the call logs and i find that when i call from extension 2490 phone on the "domain1.pbx.com" account, it actually says the call is beign made from a diff domain.

then when i add my DID to that domain, the incoming calls work going to that domain

 

can it be that the domains are gettign mixed up once i deleted the "domain1.pbx.com" domain?

 

If you have just one domain, taking the "localhost" out is just causing these kind of problems. SIP is strict with the domain names, and if whatever is behind the @ does not match a domain name, the request is rejected. That is why we introduced the "localhost" magic word.

 

The DID matching deals with the problem that sometimes you really cannot tell where the call will go to and the DID are a hint which domain it should be.

 

Again, if you have only one domain, use the "localhost" name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...