Music on Hold with Mutliple Files

brandywinetech.com

I have a customer with CS-410 3.2.0.3143 (Linux)

If I go to main administrative section -> MOH ,

I can create a file other than moh.wav . say xmas.wav... it appears that you should be able to have 3 or 4 choices here ,

but instead , it only saves the last option when i go to localhost -> MOH dropdown

I read the WIKI and it's not clear ,

is the intent that you get (1) additional choice for MOH per Domain , or should I be able to upload a few files i.e. Xmas , halloween etc for retail stores and let them change the music on hold to reflect the current season .. this seems to be the better option ...

so in a nutshell , is this a feature that we could expend on and make it better , or did we already make it better and a bug in there is only allowing 1 additional file at a time ,

yk

I have a customer with CS-410 3.2.0.3143 (Linux)

If I go to main administrative section -> MOH ,

I can create a file other than moh.wav . say xmas.wav... it appears that you should be able to have 3 or 4 choices here ,

but instead , it only saves the last option when i go to localhost -> MOH dropdown

I read the WIKI and it's not clear ,

is the intent that you get (1) additional choice for MOH per Domain , or should I be able to upload a few files i.e. Xmas , halloween etc for retail stores and let them change the music on hold to reflect the current season .. this seems to be the better option ...

so in a nutshell , is this a feature that we could expend on and make it better , or did we already make it better and a bug in there is only allowing 1 additional file at a time ,

The point behind having the domain dropdown is for hosted environments where ther operator loads a MoH file specifically for a customer, so it should not be visible for other customers. On the CS410 is has limited use. If there is only one domain then there is no point in hiding it!

Don't forget that you have to put the file on the file system. The only way to do this on the CS410 is through sftp.

I figured it out ,

if you don't press "clear" after each file you upload , it over writes the last one ...

On the subject of expanding the feature: MOH on CS-410

When the first caller is placed and remains on Hold they hear the MOH Music/Announcement from the beginning.

During that time additional callers placed on Hold will drop into the "Loop" and will start to hear what ever is playing at that instant.

Virtually all telephone systems use the "Loop" method for Music/Announcements On Hold but PBXNSIP is unique by starting from the beginning. Well, kind of.

This is OK, but businesses today want to fully exploit this captive audience area (Caller On Hold) and deliver a structured and precise message.

A caller placed in a "Loop" announcement may get the tail end of the message and miss the real impact of the main greeting.

Now, is it possible to have each caller that is placed on Hold receive the MOH from the beginning?

This would certainly set PBXNSIP apart from the crowd and be virtually impossible for traditional TDM systems to duplicate.

Lets push it even further:

How about a different MOH file for each CO Line?

Customers often times have a "second" business running in the same office.

This would allow each CO Line to play the correct MOH message to callers.

There is such an add-on item available, but it is unreliable at best.

Your thoughts???

On the subject of expanding the feature: MOH on CS-410

When the first caller is placed and remains on Hold they hear the MOH Music/Announcement from the beginning.

During that time additional callers placed on Hold will drop into the "Loop" and will start to hear what ever is playing at that instant.

Virtually all telephone systems use the "Loop" method for Music/Announcements On Hold but PBXNSIP is unique by starting from the beginning. Well, kind of.

This is OK, but businesses today want to fully exploit this captive audience area (Caller On Hold) and deliver a structured and precise message.

A caller placed in a "Loop" announcement may get the tail end of the message and miss the real impact of the main greeting.

Now, is it possible to have each caller that is placed on Hold receive the MOH from the beginning?

This would certainly set PBXNSIP apart from the crowd and be virtually impossible for traditional TDM systems to duplicate.

Lets push it even further:

How about a different MOH file for each CO Line?

Customers often times have a "second" business running in the same office.

This would allow each CO Line to play the correct MOH message to callers.

There is such an add-on item available, but it is unreliable at best.

In the beginning, we actually had the MoH file open always at the beginning. It sounded very strange, because people often get put on hold more than once during a conversation. That is why we introduced the seek into the MoH files!

MoH for each CO-Line? I believe that could be solved by using a different domain for each business.

In the beginning, we actually had the MoH file open always at the beginning. It sounded very strange, because people often get put on hold more than once during a conversation. That is why we introduced the seek into the MoH files!

MoH for each CO-Line? I believe that could be solved by using a different domain for each business.

OK I will try out the different domain for a "second" business at the same location.

Can the "Seek" option be made selectable?

OK I will try out the different domain for a "second" business at the same location.

Can the "Seek" option be made selectable?

Hi,

This thread is interesting, because the last system we worked with people had a problem THAT it always started at the beginning! ;-)

Maybe a setting would be good. I think "seeking into" is nice.

It REALLY would be nice to have the "queue style" marketing message mixing available in regular music on hold.

everybody wants some odd feature. ;-)

tx

matt