Service Not starting

jlumby

I have been running into issues with the PBXnSIP service on a Win 2000 server machine. I am not sure if it is due to version 3.3.0.3147 or if it was the latest round of Microsoft updates (they happened about the same time). The Server did a automatic update/reboot at 3AM and the next morning I came in to find the service was not automatically running. I Clicked start, and it came right up. Since then I have been testing to see if it will come back up automatically on a reboot, and it still will not. I then tried version 3.3.0.3152 and I could not get it to start at all after multiple tries. I then went back to 3.3.0.3147 and after a handfull of tries, it eventually started. I am not exactly sure how to troubleshoot it. Here is what the windows event log is saying.

Application popup: pbxctrl.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point GetAdaptersAddresses could not be located in the dynamic link library iphlpapi.dll.

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the pbxnsip PBX1 service to connect.

The pbxnsip PBX service failed to start due to the following error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Application popup: pbxctrl.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point GetAdaptersAddresses could not be located in the dynamic link library iphlpapi.dll.

Obviously Windows 2000 does not support this. Some new functionality is using this. Try http://pbxnsip.com/protect/pbxctrl-3.3.0.3157.exe if it fixes the problem.

Thanks!!! I believe it has fixed the issue. Is Windows 2000 server going to continue to be supported, or will/should I start to look into a larger server to run newer (more bloated) windows software?

As long as the issues with Windows 2000 are not a pain in the neck I think we can continue supporting it. Though the interesting features like IPv6 require something more up to date!