AA Setup with custom prompts

Craig Fields

I am attempting to use custom prompts with Pbxnsip but am having major difficulty. I have read through the WIKI, documentation and the forums, but I can’t seem to find a step-by-step method to make it work. I have uploaded the correctly formatted wav files but I see no way to get the system to use them instead of the default prompts. It continually talks about the service flags in the wiki, but that makes no sense to me.

I am attempting to use custom prompts with Pbxnsip but am having major difficulty. I have read through the WIKI, documentation and the forums, but I can’t seem to find a step-by-step method to make it work. I have uploaded the correctly formatted wav files but I see no way to get the system to use them instead of the default prompts. It continually talks about the service flags in the wiki, but that makes no sense to me.

You can dial *98+AA (Ex: If the AA is at 70, then dial *9870) from any extension and when prompted, record the whole message that you would like to play as the welcome greeting. PBX will automatically assign this as AA's welcome greeting. That means, if you pickup a phone and dial the AA now, you will hear the recorded message.

You can dial *98+AA (Ex: If the AA is at 70, then dial *9870) from any extension and when prompted, record the whole message that you would like to play as the welcome greeting. PBX will automatically assign this as AA's welcome greeting. That means, if you pickup a phone and dial the AA now, you will hear the recorded message.

I have attempted to record using *98500 (where 500 is my AA). As-soon-as I hit *98 it wants me to record my voicemail greating. I have tried uploading a file using the IVR but that hasn't worked either.

I am attempting to use custom prompts with Pbxnsip but am having major difficulty. I have read through the WIKI, documentation and the forums, but I can't seem to find a step-by-step method to make it work. I have uploaded the correctly formatted wav files but I see no way to get the system to use them instead of the default prompts. It continually talks about the service flags in the wiki, but that makes no sense to me.

Can you hear the WAV file? If not, you probably have the wrong format.

Or do you have problems on how to set the AA up? Check the IVR tab. There you can control what other built-in prompts the PBX will play back. These other prompts cannot be changed (unless you decide to overwrite files in the audio_xx directory, which is usually not a good idea).

I have attempted to record using *98500 (where 500 is my AA). As-soon-as I hit *98 it wants me to record my voicemail greating. I have tried uploading a file using the IVR but that hasn't worked either.

Oh what phone are you using? If you are using Linksys, make sure that you change the dial plan on the phone itself - it starts dialling immediately after two digits if you use the factory-setup.

Can you hear the WAV file? If not, you probably have the wrong format.

Or do you have problems on how to set the AA up? Check the IVR tab. There you can control what other built-in prompts the PBX will play back. These other prompts cannot be changed (unless you decide to overwrite files in the audio_xx directory, which is usually not a good idea).

I don't have problems with the setup of the AA. I have tested it wiht the built-prompts and they work just fine. I even renamed one of the prompts and inserted the .wav file that we created for our attendent and it worked just fine. So that tells me it ius in the right format. This is not a workable long term solution sin we are hosting multiple clients on the same box with multiple domains.

Oh what phone are you using? If you are using Linksys, make sure that you change the dial plan on the phone itself - it starts dialling immediately after two digits if you use the factory-setup.

I don't think it is a problem with the phone. It is a SNOM 360. The weird thing is that it sends me to the voicemail box of that phones extension. I thought that was *97.

• 2 months later...