Fax to Unified Messaging

Dewalt

Good day.

We connect a PRI line through a Patton 4960 which trunks to PBXnSIP. For the fax to mail we enable unified messaging on our exchange 2007, with the client's telephone number on PBXnSIP.

Normally the fax will come in and be delivered to the corresponding mailbox. This stopped working about two days ago. I can see the call coming in and connecting to the patton, and it does reach the pbx server. When checking the sip trace I can see it comes in on G711u but then switches’ to G729, which is causing the fax to fail. Both the trunk and extension is configured to use G711U.

We also use the same PRI line to register accounts on Audiocodes MP202's and send and receive faxes through that without any problems, so the PRI line is working fine.

Attached is a copy of the sip trace.

Any idea's

Thanks

siptrace.txt

Good day.

We connect a PRI line through a Patton 4960 which trunks to PBXnSIP. For the fax to mail we enable unified messaging on our exchange 2007, with the client's telephone number on PBXnSIP.

Normally the fax will come in and be delivered to the corresponding mailbox. This stopped working about two days ago. I can see the call coming in and connecting to the patton, and it does reach the pbx server. When checking the sip trace I can see it comes in on G711u but then switches’ to G729, which is causing the fax to fail. Both the trunk and extension is configured to use G711U.

We also use the same PRI line to register accounts on Audiocodes MP202's and send and receive faxes through that without any problems, so the PRI line is working fine.

Attached is a copy of the sip trace.

Any idea's

Thanks

Anything changed in the network in the last 2 days for it to stop working? BTW, I did not see it switching to G729 from the trace.

Hmm. The PBX sends the T.38-reinvite to the gateway, but there is no response in the log. Does the gateway reply at all? If there is no reply, it is understandable that the FAX does not work.

I just added another sip trace, It seems that the call connectes all the way through but the T.38 does not.

I had some check the patton, he said the patton does send the T.38 correct.

siptrace.txt

The problem is this line:

[5] 20090330161234: SIP Tr udp:196.28.14.74:5060:

It means the PBX sends the Re-INVITE to the gateway (repeatedly), but does not receive any response. The gateway should send anything, even if it does not like the Re-INVITE. Do you see something in the log of the gateway? Maybe it tries to send something, but to another address (not the PBX)?

USER-AGENT: RTCC/3.0.0.0

Maybe there is a newer version available. It could be the gateway does not like the port 0 in the SDP (the PBX just relays that information).

The problem is this line:

It means the PBX sends the Re-INVITE to the gateway (repeatedly), but does not receive any response. The gateway should send anything, even if it does not like the Re-INVITE. Do you see something in the log of the gateway? Maybe it tries to send something, but to another address (not the PBX)?

Maybe there is a newer version available. It could be the gateway does not like the port 0 in the SDP (the PBX just relays that information).

Thanks will have a look at that.