VLAN Tagging does not stick when reboot

MichaelW

This may be the wrong forum, but I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. All our snoms 360's and 370's are on 7.135. When we reboot the phones the vlan tag is lost, when you go into network you can see the vlan is still set to 1, but you have to clear it, then set it again and reboot. This happens to about 50% of our phones.

Thanks!

This may be the wrong forum, but I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. All our snoms 360's and 370's are on 7.135. When we reboot the phones the vlan tag is lost, when you go into network you can see the vlan is still set to 1, but you have to clear it, then set it again and reboot. This happens to about 50% of our phones.

Are you provisioning the VLAN tags? What version of the PBX are you using?

If you do that, you'll need DHCP servers in both VLANs (VLAN 0 and whatever VLAN you are using) and the PBX needs to be present in both VLAN for the provisioning.

Are you provisioning the VLAN tags? What version of the PBX are you using?

If you do that, you'll need DHCP servers in both VLANs (VLAN 0 and whatever VLAN you are using) and the PBX needs to be present in both VLAN for the provisioning.

I have a dhcp server in both vlans and the server is in the vlan that I have tagged the phone for.. I don't think the pbx is in both vlans though??

I have a dhcp server in both vlans and the server is in the vlan that I have tagged the phone for.. I don't think the pbx is in both vlans though??

Yea, VLAN setup is still very tricky. The problem is that when the phone boots up (after a factory reset), it is not in any VLAN and needs to get there. If there would be a way to tell the phone to switch into a VLAN then things would be straight forward. Maybe LLDP is the answer?