MWI with only saved messages

jlumby

I am running 3.3.0.3165 for windows, and I had hosting customers complain that if they get one voicemail, listen to it, and keep it as a saved message, their MWI does not turn off. However if they delete the message, or get a second message, and delete that one, then the MWI turns off. Is there a way to set it so the MWI turns off when there are no longer any new messages. I verified that the web interface only shows old messages, and the MWI stays on until one of them is deleted.

I am running 3.3.0.3165 for windows, and I had hosting customers complain that if they get one voicemail, listen to it, and keep it as a saved message, their MWI does not turn off. However if they delete the message, or get a second message, and delete that one, then the MWI turns off. Is there a way to set it so the MWI turns off when there are no longer any new messages. I verified that the web interface only shows old messages, and the MWI stays on until one of them is deleted.

Maybe SIP trace will tell us what is going on. There will be NOTIFY messages sent to the phones

The body of the message to set the MWI

----------------------------------------------------

Messages-Waiting: yes

Message-Account: sip:848@pbx.company.com

Voice-Message: 1/0 (0/0)

-----------------------------------------------------

...to clear MWI

----------------------------------------------------

Messages-Waiting: no

Message-Account: sip:848@pbx.company.com

Voice-Message: 0/0 (0/0)

------------------------------------------------------

If you see these messages, then there may be issue at the phone. Otherwise, we will have to take a look at the PBX

I did the packet capture, and the PBX is only sending the notify message when a new voice mail comes in, or when one gets deleted, and not when one moves out of new and into saved status. I am running 3.3.0.3165 for Windows

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Do you mean PBX is not sending the SIP NOTIFY messages when you save the message (by pressing 9 during or at the end of the message)?

PBX is sending the SIP NOTIFY message if I press 9 to save the message.

If I don't save the message by pressing 9 and simply hang up after hearing "This is the main menu of the mailbox", the message is also saved in the mailbox, but PBX is not sending the SIP NOTIFY message.

Thanks,

Yimin