is the wiki correct about [911|411] ?

ndemou

the wiki presents this regexp:

9[911|411]

and explains:

The first pattern matches the emergency number and the service number explicitly and sends it to the local gateway.

as far as I know (based on the linux grep/sed tools) the above is not correct as it will also match e.g. 914 and it should be corrected to

9(911|411)

Am I correct or are there any big differences in the regexp that pbxnsip uses compared to those that most linux utils understand?

_________

PS: I would love to see a text box and a [test] button on the dial plan page where I could type a number and after hitting "test" I could see bellow the log lines about rules it matched and the replacement made -- it would save me a lot of time!

the wiki presents this regexp:

9[911|411]

and explains:

The first pattern matches the emergency number and the service number explicitly and sends it to the local gateway.

as far as I know (based on the linux grep/sed tools) the above is not correct as it will also match e.g. 914 and it should be corrected to

9(911|411)

Am I correct or are there any big differences in the regexp that pbxnsip uses compared to those that most linux utils understand?

_________

PS: I would love to see a text box and a [test] button on the dial plan page where I could type a number and after hitting "test" I could see bellow the log lines about rules it matched and the replacement made -- it would save me a lot of time!

The example 9[911|411] uses "simple" expressions, while 9(911|411)@.* would be a ERE expression. Both are bad examples, because in version 3 there should be no more 9 prefix for outbound calls (this just creates a mess with the address book).

Thinking about a version 4 dial plan I see more the problem that customers want to define by the number prefix which trunk the call should take. I have seem long long dial plans that scare me. Maybe we can just have something like a CSV list that defines which prefix gets routed on what trunk. Just thinking aloud here.