Snom 820 dialing problem

Trent

I have 4 Snom 820 phones (all on the same firmware) and after the latest PBXnSIP update, one of my phones has a dialing problem. When I enter the 4th digit of the number, the phone will auto-dial the 4 digits which are not a valid destination. My other three 820 phones don't do this and they all boot from the same domain and PBX. Any ideas on what's causing this - the phone is currently unusable as a result.

I have 4 Snom 820 phones (all on the same firmware) and after the latest PBXnSIP update, one of my phones has a dialing problem. When I enter the 4th digit of the number, the phone will auto-dial the 4 digits which are not a valid destination. My other three 820 phones don't do this and they all boot from the same domain and PBX. Any ideas on what's causing this - the phone is currently unusable as a result.

You probably have set it up for 3-digit dialing (this is a domain setting in the PnP setting area). You may dial numbers by starting with 1. For example, you you want to dial (978) 746-2777 then you would enter 19787462777.

If you don't want to have this behavior, you can change the PnP setting to "user must press enter". Then the user may use the phone like like he uses a cell phone. Enter the number, edit the number, and when done start the call with the green button.

My setting is for "user must press enter" and it works on all but one of my 820s. The firmware is the same on each phone so I'm not sure where else to look.

If you are not doing the PnP with this particular phone, then this setting will have not have any impact. Maybe some phone setting is controlling the behavior.