Better organization of files

James Mahood

It would be a lot easier to manage domains including backup and moving a domain to a different server if each domain had a separate folder with all its files including the audio files. Backup or copy the folder and you would be done. The existing export will move the control information but not the audio files. It would be nice if the log file was visible withing each domain and it would show only entries for that domain. I would think having a separate instance of PBX would be a lot safer and eliminate any problems between domains.

It would be a lot easier to manage domains including backup and moving a domain to a different server if each domain had a separate folder with all its files including the audio files. Backup or copy the folder and you would be done. The existing export will move the control information but not the audio files. It would be nice if the log file was visible withing each domain and it would show only entries for that domain. I would think having a separate instance of PBX would be a lot safer and eliminate any problems between domains.

I agree on the domain part. It would make life easier for moving domains around. The reason for the flat architecture is that relational databases use a integer as index. We would have to change that into a domain-context index. Not sure how much that would be a problem, but it is worth thinking about it.

The logging is more difficult, as many log evens simply do not apply to a domain. Also IMHO the domain admin should not dig in the log; this is the job of the system admin.