Legacy application initiates calls via COM port

dups

I have a potential client that would like to install a telephone switch to replace its many PSTN lines. They have modems on their PC’s that currently dial numbers for them from a legacy application that talks to the modem through COM2. Is there a way that I can redirect these requests to COM2: to the PBXnSIP TAPI client - this would let me get the phones in place without them needing to update their application? Thanks Steve

I have a potential client that would like to install a telephone switch to replace its many PSTN lines. They have modems on their PC's that currently dial numbers for them from a legacy application that talks to the modem through COM2. Is there a way that I can redirect these requests to COM2: to the PBXnSIP TAPI client - this would let me get the phones in place without them needing to update their application?

Maybe it is easier to use the click2dial feature that just uses a HTTP request. Maybe you can just start the web browser from the command line and provide it with the correct link to start the dial.