Set outbound caller id

Doug

We are testing pbxnsip and want to be able to dynamically set the outbound callerid value.

example: We have legal rights to 4 telephone numbers. Some are business numbers some are personal. We have a SIP trunk service.

If I am making a business call I want the call to go out with the FROM (Callerid) being the business number. If I make a personal call I want the callerid to go out using the personal number.

How do I make pbxnsip set the apporpriate callerid based upon the call I am making from 1 extension?

Thanks.

Doug

example: We have legal rights to 4 telephone numbers. Some are business numbers some are personal. We have a SIP trunk service.

If I am making a business call I want the call to go out with the FROM (Callerid) being the business number. If I make a personal call I want the callerid to go out using the personal number.

How do I make pbxnsip set the apporpriate callerid based upon the call I am making from 1 extension?

For this, you should use the ANI field. You can set it in the extension, and anything else that is able to make a phone call. If you want to use the same ANI for all extensions, you can also set it from the trunk.

I understand how you can set the ANI field in the extension.

But I am at my phone making calls. One call I want to use ANI 310xxxxxxx and on another call I want to use ANI 310yyyyyyy.

How can I have this ANI value change based upon a specific call from the same extension?

Doug

I understand how you can set the ANI field in the extension.

But I am at my phone making calls. One call I want to use ANI 310xxxxxxx and on another call I want to use ANI 310yyyyyyy.

How can I have this ANI value change based upon a specific call from the same extension?

Oh, sorry misunderstanding. For that, I would suggest two extensions on the same phone. Many SIP phones allow you to have multiple registrations. This would solve the ANI problem.

However, it comes at the price of increased complexity for the user when picking up calls & Co. There is always a trade-off.

No problem, soemtimes I just don't explain myself very well.

Of course I complicate things by being in a Exchange UM, OCS, pbxnsip environment.

Using OCS Communicator as the phone doesn't give me this option.

I guess I could login to pbxnsip and change my ANI for each call. That seems like a poor workaround.

I was hoping I could somehow modify the ANI by using a different dial plan. So if I wanted to use ANI 310xxxxxxx I would dial "44"(or something) in front of the number and have that dial plan modify the ANI, but I guess that cannout be done?

Can the "replacement" values modify the ANI?

This seems like a great feature?

Doug

I was hoping I could somehow modify the ANI by using a different dial plan. So if I wanted to use ANI 310xxxxxxx I would dial "44"(or something) in front of the number and have that dial plan modify the ANI, but I guess that cannout be done?

Can the "replacement" values modify the ANI?

This seems like a great feature?

You can make the ANI depend on the trunk. For example, "Trunk1:9787462777 9781234567" would mean: When using Trunk1, then use the ANI 9787462777; else use 9781234567. If you want to use that, trunk names must not have a space.

Maybe that is the way to get this working.

I was able to modify the route patterns in OCS and made it accept 313105551212 for 1 callerid 413105551212 for another.

Then in pbxnsip defined multiple trunks with different ANI's. Then in the dial plan for a trunk +31* and replace with 1* for another trunk +41* and replace with 1*.

Since Broadvox supports non-registered trunks with static IP, it all works great.

Thanks for everyones hjelp.

Doug