Routing DID to Extension

Jim

Using Version: 3.3.1.3177 (Win32)

I have multiple DID's assigned by provider. All work when calling the AA.

I would like to route a DID to a specific extension.

I have tried using extension setup of 101 xxxxxxxxxx

Have tried using Hunt Group 650 xxxxxxxxxx

Nothing I have tried get a DDI to the extension.

Any ideas? Thanks

Using Version: 3.3.1.3177 (Win32)

I have multiple DID's assigned by provider. All work when calling the AA.

I would like to route a DID to a specific extension.

I have tried using extension setup of 101 xxxxxxxxxx

Have tried using Hunt Group 650 xxxxxxxxxx

Nothing I have tried get a DDI to the extension.

Any ideas? Thanks

One thing is to make sure that the DID you assigned is the same as the one you receive from the carrier. A SIP log will tell you the details (whether you are receiving 7,10 or 11 digits on the incoming call)

One thing is to make sure that the DID you assigned is the same as the one you receive from the carrier. A SIP log will tell you the details (whether you are receiving 7,10 or 11 digits on the incoming call)

Is there a document that says how to set this up? I have about 25 users I need to do this for. Each user has their own direct dial DID and I need to make sure they go to the 4 digit extension that they already have assigned. I have also tried the hunt group and addidng the DID to the extension number like so 817 802748XXXX and it fails to redirect me to my extension when I call the number. I did look at the syslog and I am receiving 10 digits from the telco.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Is there a document that says how to set this up? I have about 25 users I need to do this for. Each user has their own direct dial DID and I need to make sure they go to the 4 digit extension that they already have assigned.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Assigning DID is very simple. Edit each account and set the DID on the "Account Number(s)" field separated with a space. Ex: 4001 19787462777 (if you want to assign 19787462777 to extension 4001)

Assigning DID is very simple. Edit each account and set the DID on the "Account Number(s)" field separated with a space. Ex: 4001 19787462777 (if you want to assign 19787462777 to extension 4001)

Yeah I tried that and it does not work. Do I need to restart the service for this?

Tom

I understand this part. I can't get it to work consistantly. Please look at post http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=2645

I am questioning whether I have the trunks set up correctly and maybe that is the cause of my issues. Thanks

I understand this part. I can't get it to work consistantly. Please look at post http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?showtopic=2645

I am questioning whether I have the trunks set up correctly and maybe that is the cause of my issues. Thanks

Also do you need to put the DID in the trunk settings anywhere? I have searched the wiki and manual but a lot of it is old and has changed a lot since then.

Tom

Also do you need to put the DID in the trunk settings anywhere? I have searched the wiki and manual but a lot of it is old and has changed a lot since then.

Tom

No, you do not have to put the DID anywhere in the trunk settings. All you have to do is to put it under the extension's account number. Make sure that the carrier is sending the number what you have set on this filed (sometime 10 vs 11 digits can cause issues. So set the number that comes from the carrier).

No, you do not have to put the DID anywhere in the trunk settings. All you have to do is to put it under the extension's account number. Make sure that the carrier is sending the number what you have set on this filed (sometime 10 vs 11 digits can cause issues. So set the number that comes from the carrier).

Yeah I did that. My carrier here at the office is sending 10 digits. I have put those 10 digits in my extension number but no dice. What do yo uneed from me to help troubleshoot this?

Tom

Yeah I did that. My carrier here at the office is sending 10 digits. I have put those 10 digits in my extension number but no dice. What do yo uneed from me to help troubleshoot this?

Tom

Tom-

I had the same problem and this fixed it.

In the Trunk settings "Send to extension" put this !(.*)!\1!t! 1000 Replace the 1000 with your AA's#

Set up each extension that needs a DID like this 101 123-456-7890 (Your DID's)

I found this buried somewhere in the forum and it solved my DID routing issues.

Tom

It should work without any special settings. Since it is not working for you, you can send us the SIP log from the PBX. Please follow http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Admin_se...the_SIP_logging to get log.

• 1 year later...