POLYCOM PICKUP CALL OPTION

Friedom-Tech

Hi;

i have just upgraded the phone system to .3177 and to latest firmware and boot version of the polycom config and am experiencing the following issue.

when a call comes in to any extension being monitored by the receptionists (Polycom IP650 with two sidecars each) the call rings on the receptionists phone too.

i have tried using the following command to turn off call_pickup (http://<pbx-address>/reg_status.htm?save=save&offer_pickup=false) but it does not work...this is extremely annoying for the receptionists who are monitoring around 30 users and their phone is ringing off the hook.

please advise asap.

thank you;

i have just upgraded the phone system to .3177 and to latest firmware and boot version of the polycom config and am experiencing the following issue.

when a call comes in to any extension being monitored by the receptionists (Polycom IP650 with two sidecars each) the call rings on the receptionists phone too.

i have tried using the following command to turn off call_pickup (http://<pbx-address>/reg_status.htm?save=save&offer_pickup=false) but it does not work...this is extremely annoying for the receptionists who are monitoring around 30 users and their phone is ringing off the hook.

I believe that feature was a feature of the new Polycom firmware. There is in the XML file something called "call.directedCallPickupString", which is set to the pickup code of the PBX.

What you can do:

1. Clear the pickup code from the feature code page; at least during the provisioning

2. Manually configure the Polycom device and take the code out (based on the generated filed)

3. Work on the permissions of the accounts and define who is allowed to pick up calls from where.

4. Or use the Polycom provisioning template (polycom_sip.xml, as support for that file), put it into the html directory and set the "directedCallPickupString" to "" in the XML file.

I believe that feature was a feature of the new Polycom firmware. There is in the XML file something called "call.directedCallPickupString", which is set to the pickup code of the PBX.

What you can do:

1. Clear the pickup code from the feature code page; at least during the provisioning

2. Manually configure the Polycom device and take the code out (based on the generated filed)

3. Work on the permissions of the accounts and define who is allowed to pick up calls from where.

4. Or use the Polycom provisioning template (polycom_sip.xml, as support for that file), put it into the html directory and set the "directedCallPickupString" to "" in the XML file.

the issue turned out to be a new feature that Polycom installed to have the calls actually ring on the attendants desk. i was able to turn off the sound of the ringer from the phone itself but did not find the option to stop the display from showign all incoming calls to attended extensions...any help would be appreciated!

thank you;

• 1 month later...

Just upgraded a few of our phones here and discovered this new "feature".

To my way of thinking, this should be difference between "Watch the calls of the following extensions" (I can see who is ringing who) and "Watch the presence of the following extensions" (my sidecar & buttons should show the BLF status)?

However, it seems to get the buttons to work, I have to "Watch the calls of the following extensions", and then I also get to see who is ringing who. Not what I want. The presence option doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

Just upgraded a few of our phones here and discovered this new "feature".

To my way of thinking, this should be difference between "Watch the calls of the following extensions" (I can see who is ringing who) and "Watch the presence of the following extensions" (my sidecar & buttons should show the BLF status)?

However, it seems to get the buttons to work, I have to "Watch the calls of the following extensions", and then I also get to see who is ringing who. Not what I want. The presence option doesn't seem to do anything.

Yea, the presence stuff is kind of work in progress. I believe for that the phones right now would have to publish their presence state; but this never became a reality in the way that you can really use that.

So as it stands, PBXnSIP publishes the state of a monitored phone by sending the call details to the phone doing the watching, and it's up to the phone if it should translate this into BLF for lamps etc. and/or display it on the screen?

It's caught me out a few times today already, I've picked up the phone to answer a call that's for someone else and been very confused by the dialtone!

Regarding amending the polycom provisioning file to stop this behaviour, it'd be nice if there was an easy way to edit the copy the PBX has internally (or download a copy), rather than us having to ask support for the current files - would that be something you'd consider? It'd make my life easier!

So as it stands, PBXnSIP publishes the state of a monitored phone by sending the call details to the phone doing the watching, and it's up to the phone if it should translate this into BLF for lamps etc. and/or display it on the screen?

It's caught me out a few times today already, I've picked up the phone to answer a call that's for someone else and been very confused by the dialtone!

Regarding amending the polycom provisioning file to stop this behaviour, it'd be nice if there was an easy way to edit the copy the PBX has internally (or download a copy), rather than us having to ask support for the current files - would that be something you'd consider? It'd make my life easier!

I guess we need to change the provisioning template here. Does anyone remember which name in the XML file we are talking about?! I believe the template should make the phone quiet.