Re External numbers in Stages

vichy

Just wanted to chime in here. There are a few similar posts, but didnt know if I should crowd them with my problems...so heres my problem:

I have a similar problem on the hunt group side, as others have mentioned.

I have a DID that rings into a hunt group like this:

Stage 1

502 503

12seconds

Stage 2

12seconds

Final Stage

8502 (502's mailbox)

My problem is that 502 and 503 want thier cell phones to ring as they do when thier extensions are called directly (i.e. call cell phone immediately option).

The other thing is that 504 is actually an extension in another (different) domain, or an external number..however you want to look at it.

What happens is 502 and 503 ring simultanously for 12 seconds, thier cell phones do not ring. Stage 2 is skipped, and the call ends up in 502's mailbox.

I understand that some users dont want hunt group stages to follow any external redirection that may be set up for a particular extension, but for this customer this is exactly what they want to have happen.

Perhaps its time to add an option in the hunt group settings to "follow extension redirection settings" or something similiar?

If I am missing a best practice that would help solve this, then please advise.

Thanks!

**Edit** I see from other posts that static registrations will do this, however from a user managment perspective (web/pac, etc) most users change thier cell phone#'s or fwd numbers frequently (US and Canada cell phones), so its a bit of a bear on me to constantly check this and change static registrations.

Just wanted to chime in here. There are a few similar posts, but didnt know if I should crowd them with my problems...so heres my problem:

We have this already for the hunt groups in version 4. This is still pretty much beta, anyone willing to help testing and stabilizing is welcome...