NEED HELP - Service running but phones cannot register & website doesn't load

Parks

Found out this am that servie wasn't running so I restarted. This has happen a couple of times where it just stops running for no apparent reason. After restarting the service this am I'm still unable to get to the web page via localhost on machine or from www.

Please help with what ever you can.

Found out this am that servie wasn't running so I restarted. This has happen a couple of times where it just stops running for no apparent reason. After restarting the service this am I'm still unable to get to the web page via localhost on machine or from www.

Can the service be started using "Log On As" the system admin rather than Local System. I don't get the time out issue but the website and phones still don't work.

Just check whether you have the logging going on to the log file. If the file name setting does not have $ in it, file can grow really big and can cause the system not start properly. Check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Log_Setup

Just check whether you have the logging going on to the log file. If the file name setting does not have $ in it, file can grow really big and can cause the system not start properly. Check out http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Log_Setup

Don't know where you want me to look for this? I read the wiki link you sent me but cannot find where that log file would be located in the directory. Can I provide you a download link in a private message for the zipped up directory?

Don't know where you want me to look for this? I read the wiki link you sent me but cannot find where that log file would be located in the directory. Can I provide you a download link in a private message for the zipped up directory?

First you need to see if anything is set under "Log filename" field under "General Logging" Section (If PBX is running). Then check out the wiki line that says "The setting "log-$.txt" will create a log file under the pbx working directory with the name "log-yyyy-mm-dd.txt", where 'yyyy' is the year, 'mm' is the month and 'dd' is the date". Then check "log_filename" under the pbx.xml and clear the entry.

First you need to see if anything is set under "Log filename" field under "General Logging" Section (If PBX is running). Then check out the wiki line that says "The setting "log-$.txt" will create a log file under the pbx working directory with the name "log-yyyy-mm-dd.txt", where 'yyyy' is the year, 'mm' is the month and 'dd' is the date". Then check "log_filename" under the pbx.xml and clear the entry.

Finally got it working. I'll now be able to login and check the log details and will open the pbx.xml and find that line and confirm that we have a $. However we don't have any logs under the PBX directory. c:\program files\pbx

Doesn't work again after reboot. Here is what in the pbx.xml

<log_level>7</log_level>

<log_filename />

<log_length>500</log_length>

<log_keep>3</log_keep>

<log_sip_register>true</log_sip_register>

<log_sip_subnot>false</log_sip_subnot>

<log_sip_options>true</log_sip_options>

<log_sip_dialog>true</log_sip_dialog>

<log_sip_watchlist />

<log_sip_level>7</log_sip_level>

<log_sip_routing>false</log_sip_routing>

<log_event_general>true</log_event_general>

<log_event_sip>true</log_event_sip>

<log_event_media>true</log_event_media>

<log_event_app>true</log_event_app>

<log_event_email>false</log_event_email>

<log_event_web>true</log_event_web>

<log_event_register>true</log_event_register>

<log_event_snmp>true</log_event_snmp>

<log_event_trunk>true</log_event_trunk>

<log_event_soap>true</log_event_soap>

<log_event_tftp>true</log_event_tftp>

<log_event_pstn>false</log_event_pstn>

<log_event_sql>true</log_event_sql>

Well, based on this is nothing being logged to the file (log_filename is empty, and that is fine).

Other reason why the PBX does not start, if if the ports are used by other processes. Make sure that none of the ports specified on the "Ports" page are in use (netstat will tell you that).

If you do not want to do the netstat, then set "log-$.txt" for log_filename and start the PBX. If the PBX does not start then, you will have the log file created under the PBX working directory. Just open that and see any errors reported.

BTW, did you mention what OS you are using?

Doesn't work again after reboot. Here is what in the pbx.xml

<log_level>7</log_level>

<log_filename />

<log_length>500</log_length>

<log_keep>3</log_keep>

<log_sip_register>true</log_sip_register>

<log_sip_subnot>false</log_sip_subnot>

<log_sip_options>true</log_sip_options>

<log_sip_dialog>true</log_sip_dialog>

<log_sip_watchlist />

<log_sip_level>7</log_sip_level>

<log_sip_routing>false</log_sip_routing>

<log_event_general>true</log_event_general>

<log_event_sip>true</log_event_sip>

<log_event_media>true</log_event_media>

<log_event_app>true</log_event_app>

<log_event_email>false</log_event_email>

<log_event_web>true</log_event_web>

<log_event_register>true</log_event_register>

<log_event_snmp>true</log_event_snmp>

<log_event_trunk>true</log_event_trunk>

<log_event_soap>true</log_event_soap>

<log_event_tftp>true</log_event_tftp>

<log_event_pstn>false</log_event_pstn>

<log_event_sql>true</log_event_sql>

what about the other stuff, like configuring the log file name, netstat etc and verifying it. Otherwise, please give us the RDP access.

We've rebuilt the server already. If we waited for assistance we would have lost way to many customers.