no voice mail on 'virtual' extentions

Dominique Le Bourhis

I have created several 'virtual' accounts for a customer's sales agents cellular phones. This way, all the salemen can be reached as extentions of a main number. The sales agents use their cellular, and meet at the office only once a week. Therefore there is no need to register ip phones (or even softphones) to these 'virtual' extentions. The problem I have encountered is that voice mail does not answer calls to these extentions if there is no actual device registered to the account. Or am I doing something wrong/missing something here?

I have created several 'virtual' accounts for a customer's sales agents cellular phones. This way, all the salemen can be reached as extentions of a main number. The sales agents use their cellular, and meet at the office only once a week. Therefore there is no need to register ip phones (or even softphones) to these 'virtual' extentions. The problem I have encountered is that voice mail does not answer calls to these extentions if there is no actual device registered to the account. Or am I doing something wrong/missing something here?

There must be something wrong with the setup. If there is no registration and there is no redirection (or cell phone forking) then the mailbox should defintively pick the call up.

It would be beautiful to send the voicemail by email, so that they don't have to wait the whole week until they get their voicemails!

There must be something wrong with the setup. If there is no registration and there is no redirection (or cell phone forking) then the mailbox should defintively pick the call up.

It would be beautiful to send the voicemail by email, so that they don't have to wait the whole week until they get their voicemails!

Sorry, I guess I was not clear on that detail. There is cell forking, and it would be nice if it could end up on the voicemail of the system even if there is no sip device registered. That way, If they cannot answer, they get called back with new voicemai.

The problem is precisly that when cell forking is set up on an extention, and it has no sip device registered to the extention, voice mail will not pick up the call. The 'delay' dialog of voicemail does not affect this behaviour.

Sorry, I guess I was not clear on that detail. There is cell forking, and it would be nice if it could end up on the voicemail of the system even if there is no sip device registered. That way, If they cannot answer, they get called back with new voicemai.

The problem is precisly that when cell forking is set up on an extention, and it has no sip device registered to the extention, voice mail will not pick up the call. The 'delay' dialog of voicemail does not affect this behaviour.

If there are no registration and the call is sent to the cell phone, check whether you have "Press 1 to accept" configured. In that case, if '1' is not pressed by the cell phone user, the call should end up on the extension's mailbox after the mailbox timeout

Thank you. On the cs410 that feature is implemented, on the 3.1.2.3020 build it seems absent.

In any case, I did set it up on the cs410 and it does not affect this behaviour. It seems that voice mail cannot be activated when forking a call without a registered account.

Actually the setup I do is 'send all calls to' so It would make sense that the pbx would stop monitoring a call once it has been transferred with this option.

If there are no registration and the call is sent to the cell phone, check whether you have "Press 1 to accept" configured. In that case, if '1' is not pressed by the cell phone user, the call should end up on the extension's mailbox after the mailbox timeout