Sip Reg/Extension in multiple domains

vichy

I have a two clients (two different domains) that actually share the same support rep.

The support rep is a registered sip (snom) extension in Domain 1, and I need the same phone to be available in Domain 2 for direct dial and AutoAttendant dial by name...etc. The extension numbers can be different, this part doesnt matter.

How can I accomplish this?

I tried a manual registration using IP address, however the support rep has a dynamic IP so the address changes daily.

Is this possible?

Thanks

I have a two clients (two different domains) that actually share the same support rep.

The support rep is a registered sip (snom) extension in Domain 1, and I need the same phone to be available in Domain 2 for direct dial and AutoAttendant dial by name...etc. The extension numbers can be different, this part doesnt matter.

How can I accomplish this?

Set the outbound proxy on the phone to the PBX, no matter to what domain. And use the domain in the identity setting to point to the right domain. That should work.

But be aware that multiple accounts also means that the customer must pay close attention which one he is using. Things may get confusing very quickly. We found that it is in such a scenarion easier to get two phones, and paint one red the other green to make sure which phone he is answering.

I tried a manual registration using IP address, however the support rep has a dynamic IP so the address changes daily.

Well, keep in mind if you don't have a stable internet address you are building your system on sand. STUN and all that dirty workarounds cause a lot of grief in support and with the customers; dyndns might help to deal with the changing IP addresses but all this is a very instable and dirty workaround.

Better get a IP address that is not changing. If you can, get an IPv6 address! :rolleyes: