Intercom

pbxuser911

Has anyone had any luck with getting intercom working? ive tryed to intercom and all the phone does is ring

i think PBXNSIP and Asterisk/TrixBox Servers have diffrent alert info when paging and when intercoming, am i correct?

the same exact phone will work diffrently on a asterisk server and on pbxnsip, asterisk wont force your existing call on hold to accept a page, pbxnsip does force your current call on hold......... i am thinking the intercom maybe is the same reason it wont work on a SPA962

Has anyone had any luck with getting intercom working? ive tryed to intercom and all the phone does is ring

i think PBXNSIP and Asterisk/TrixBox Servers have diffrent alert info when paging and when intercoming, am i correct?

the same exact phone will work diffrently on a asterisk server and on pbxnsip, asterisk wont force your existing call on hold to accept a page, pbxnsip does force your current call on hold......... i am thinking the intercom maybe is the same reason it wont work on a SPA962

Also, there was a common problem with SPA phones that they did Intercom even when you were in a conversation. The intercom put the call on hold and started the playout immediately.

the problem with intercom and paging on the SPA phones are only with pbxNsip, it does work fine on a Asterisk system, but doesnt work good on pbxNsip, maybe it would be possible to see if the alert info is the same? mayeb pbxNsip sends diff info to the phone so it behaves diffrent

the problem with intercom and paging on the SPA phones are only with pbxNsip, it does work fine on a Asterisk system, but doesnt work good on pbxNsip, maybe it would be possible to see if the alert info is the same? mayeb pbxNsip sends diff info to the phone so it behaves diffrent

Yea, we need to take a look at the configuration template again... It is probably just a line missing somewhere.

spa_phone.txt

• 4 weeks later...