Incoming call issue not passing audio for the first 5 seconds

pbxuser911

I’m having 2 customers who are both having the similar issue

a call comes in to a hunt group from the outside world

someone in the office picks up the phone hello and thank you for calling abc company how may i help you

the caller doesn’t hear the person who picked up the phone, its silent for a few seconds, after 5 seconds they caller will hear the person who picked up the phone, and only hear what the person who picked up the phone says after the 5 seconds (it’s not like there is a echo or delay)

it seems the issue is only happening if the call comes in and rings once, then you answer the call, there is 1-way audio from the person calling into the pbx to the person who picked up the phone

but if the person who picked up the phone talks, the person calling into the PBX (from a cell phone or any phone) doesnt hear anythign for about 5 seconds

i got the logs from the logfile from 2 calls that had the problem

it seems the issue is only happening if the call comes in and rings once, then you answer the call, there is 1-way audio from the person calling into the pbx to the person who picked up the phone

but if the person who picked up the phone talks, the person calling into the PBX (from a cell phone or any phone) doesnt hear anythign for about 5 seconds

i got the logs from the logfile from 2 calls that had the problem

I don't believe it's the PBX. 5 seconds is pretty long. Especially if there are other calls going on that have media playout going on it should never take 5 seconds to get media started.

Wireshark will show the problem. Then it will be easy to see who is delaying the media playback.

Hopefully there was no device that tries to be "smart" and uses STUN in order to allocate an IP address. This can take a couple of seconds. In any case, make sure nobody is messing things up with STUN.