Call Recording does not play

Friedom-Tech

Hi, i have call recording enabled for all calls in the system but tonight i have two files which don't want to open they are important recordings but i am getting the following message when trying to open them.

"Windows Media Player cannot play this file. the player might not support the player type or might not support the codec.

i tried opening it with itunes too and it wont open.

please advise asap.

Hi, i have call recording enabled for all calls in the system but tonight i have two files which don't want to open they are important recordings but i am getting the following message when trying to open them.

"Windows Media Player cannot play this file. the player might not support the player type or might not support the codec.

i tried opening it with itunes too and it wont open.

It seems that sometimes the format has still some issues. I am using GoldWave and I was always able to play the file back, even if GoldWave also complanied about the file being buggy. I believe we did fix something with the padding; but it seems that there is still something that causes problems.

The other thing that could be a problem is that the email program translated LF into CRLF. You can check if this is the case by taking the WAV from the file system and play it back.

It seems that sometimes the format has still some issues. I am using GoldWave and I was always able to play the file back, even if GoldWave also complanied about the file being buggy. I believe we did fix something with the padding; but it seems that there is still something that causes problems.

The other thing that could be a problem is that the email program translated LF into CRLF. You can check if this is the case by taking the WAV from the file system and play it back.

Hi;

i am reading the file directly from the file system...it is not getting emailed anywhere!

can i tell my client this will not happen again? or do i need to be wary of this?