Feature Request - Key System/ Shared Call Appearances

cpshort

I have a few Aastra 6757i CT Phones that need to be setup as a key system. The phones have 4 line buttons and that is all we require four our small business. The goal is to allow someone put a call on hold on one extension and allow it to be picked up on another extension. PBXnSIP shows that they only support SNOM phones with this type of setup - however we have used the aastra phones with another service and like the setup of the aastra phones over the snom phones. That being set we need these phones setup with shared call appearances as some call it and I would like to do it with PBXnSIP because I have researched many PBX systems and PBXnSIP is the best overall for features with main one problem - key emulation. If anyone can assist in or has documented success in setting up my Aastra 6757i phones properly for key system emulation please contact me. I would be willing to compensate for this help. The other problem we have is with DTMF - it is hit or miss as to when it works making it impossible to navagate phone menu's when calling Credit Card Co, even My sip provider SOTEL - I have had the problems with aastra 6757i, snom 820 & a pap2 adapter.

I have posted multiple times in the past on how a park account could be created that would remain sip compliant, probably be programmed by PBXnSIP in a matter of minutes, and come very close to a squared key system on most phones, including Aastra. My suggestions have fallen on deaf ears

I have posted multiple times in the past on how a park account could be created that would remain sip compliant, probably be programmed by PBXnSIP in a matter of minutes, and come very close to a squared key system on most phones, including Aastra. My suggestions have fallen on deaf ears

Well, we had park orbits as explicit type in the first versions. Honestly, I don't remember why we took them out (I think it was because of hte idea that a user wants to park a call and then pick it up on another station and every extension should be able to do that or so; okay not very convincing). Right now you can select that the mailbox should behave like a park orbit, which should get you close to the pure park orbit functionality.

Another workaround would be to park calls in ACD with no agents. It should give you the same functionality that just playing music with no other functionality.