P-Asserted-Identity

Brian

My SIP provider is setting up a new switch and the way that my PBXnSIP server is connecting they are not getting the proper caller ID.

Below is an example of what they would like to get from PBXnSIP.

P-Asserted-Identity: "Fidelity" <sip:9378916000@cproxy.sip.voipprovidor.com>

The "Fidelity" is not important, nor is the cproxy.sip.voipprovidor.com. You need to focus on what's referred to as the URI user, the part between the sip:

and the @.

Their tech doc is attached.

FVD_SIP_TDD.pdf

My SIP provider is setting up a new switch and the way that my PBXnSIP server is connecting they are not getting the proper caller ID.

Below is an example of what they would like to get from PBXnSIP.

P-Asserted-Identity: "Fidelity" <sip:9378916000@cproxy.sip.voipprovidor.com>

The "Fidelity" is not important, nor is the cproxy.sip.fidelityvoice.com. You need to focus on what's referred to as the URI user, the part between the sip:

and the @.

Their tech doc is attached.

Under the sip trunk setup between the pbxnsip server and the provider, you have several options to send the caller id.

Try out "Remote Party/Privacy Indication" field & see which one they like.

The order in which PBX selects that number is - extension's ANI, domain ANI, trunk ANI. So, if the extension does not have ANI, PBX sends domain default ANI & if that is also not present, it sends trunk ANI. If none are set, then it will send the extension number.

Under the sip trunk setup between the pbxnsip server and the provider, you have several options to send the caller id.

The order in which PBX selects that number is - extension's ANI, domain ANI, trunk ANI. So, if the extension does not have ANI, PBX sends domain default ANI & if that is also not present, it sends trunk ANI. If none are set, then it will send the extension number.

Thanks. I had the number in the trunk config but not the domain. I'll try it there and see what they get.

I added the # to my domain ANI field and did a test. This is the response I got from provider:

Yousent this:

P-Asserted-Identity: "Fidelity" <sip:client-pns@cproxy.sip.voipprovidor.com>P-Charging-Vector:

icid-value=9378916000;icid-generated-at=207.58.218.172;orig-ioi=localhost

That's still not right. But, the From header does reflect the correct data:

From: "Intern Program 2" <sip:9378916000@cproxy.sip.voipprovidor.com;user=phone>;tag=51186

P-Asserted-Identity is preferred, and Remote-Party-Id is the second option. The third option if neither of those work is to not send either and my switch will operate from the From header. But, it is more difficult to signal a blocked call this way.

I suspect there is something else I should be changing to send out a more standard identity.

I added the # to my domain ANI field and did a test. This is the response I got from provider:

Yousent this:

P-Asserted-Identity: "Fidelity" <sip:client-pns@cproxy.sip.voipprovidor.com>P-Charging-Vector:

icid-value=9378916000;icid-generated-at=207.58.218.172;orig-ioi=localhost

That's still not right. But, the From header does reflect the correct data:

From: "Intern Program 2" <sip:9378916000@cproxy.sip.voipprovidor.com;user=phone>;tag=51186

P-Asserted-Identity is preferred, and Remote-Party-Id is the second option. The third option if neither of those work is to not send either and my switch will operate from the From header. But, it is more difficult to signal a blocked call this way.

I suspect there is something else I should be changing to send out a more standard identity.

Can you attach the screen shot of that specific trunk page? Looks like you have ICID set too.