OCS 2007 Integration

Fred Gaston

My understanding is pbxnsip is committed to eventually integrating with MS OCS 2007. In order to get the OC softphone and a desk phone to ring simultaneously, the pbx needs to support "forking" on inbound calls. This would require the ability to register two endpoints in pbxnsip: the desk phone and the OC client as the softphone. [http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1954002&SiteID=57]. Is this a future possibility, as it's my understanding you can only register one device now? Thanks, Fred

• 3 weeks later...
Forking calls was supported since version 1.0. Just register an extension twice and they will ring at the same time.

I don't know why some people have so many problems with this trivial feature.

OCS client doesn't register with pbxnsip. Is it possible to force a manual registration or denote the SIP address of the OCS client in pbxnsip, to permit forking?

Can you please advise if there is current workaround with 3rd party solution and/or your timeframe for implementing.

I guess we have to look at OCS in more detail. Just adding a feature here and there is not a good strategy. CSTA is not trivial, and it will take months to get it stable. Therefore I would not count on it. TAPI could be a workaround, there is a lot of TAPI stuff available. But I have no overview if there is soemthing that could convert CSTA into TAPI!

I guess we have to look at OCS in more detail. Just adding a feature here and there is not a good strategy. CSTA is not trivial, and it will take months to get it stable. Therefore I would not count on it. TAPI could be a workaround, there is a lot of TAPI stuff available. But I have no overview if there is soemthing that could convert CSTA into TAPI!

Per MS:

Qualified IP-PBXs for Microsoft Office Communicator 2007

Our IP-PBX Partners are currently developing solutions for integrating Office Communications Server 2007 with Direct SIP, Dual Forking, and Dual Forking with Remote Call Control. This section will be updated to reflect IP-PBX and firmware combinations that have been independently qualified for a given configuration. More information coming soon

Perhaps you can contact them to investigate what's necessary for integration & let us know if it's doable and something you'll persue.

I also found 3rd party CSTA server that is fully compliant with OCS. Depending on cost, it might be easier to use than you guys incorporating CSTA, if it would take months of development (I got impression from your 1st reply it didn't look that hard). It is: http://www.unigone.com/en/products/TelServer/description

Thanks, Fred

if you assign to the pbxnsip extension the same number as in ocs they will ring simultaneously.

I have the following config:

PSTN <--> PBXNSIP <---> Mediation <---> OCS <--> Exchange UM

it works if you have DID and also if you dont (tried both)......if you dont have DID just let a pbxnsip AA answer and the route calls based on extesnions in ocs create a fake E164 numbering scheme and create dialplan accordingly

if your ocs number is +14255454300 then you ext is 300 so use 300 as extension number in pbxnsip and put as alias your E164 number plus another fake ext. like 400.

if you play with the dialplans in ocs and pbxnsip you will get simultaneous ring on incoming calls from pstn and will be able to call the pbxnsip extensions by using the fake ext #.

the only problem I have is when calling from a OC client to another OC client I cannot get simultaneous ring of the corresponding pbxnsip ext.

if you assign to the pbxnsip extension the same number as in ocs they will ring simultaneously.

I have the following config:

PSTN <--> PBXNSIP <---> Mediation <---> OCS <--> Exchange UM

it works if you have DID and also if you dont (tried both)......if you dont have DID just let a pbxnsip AA answer and the route calls based on extesnions in ocs create a fake E164 numbering scheme and create dialplan accordingly

if your ocs number is +14255454300 then you ext is 300 so use 300 as extension number in pbxnsip and put as alias your E164 number plus another fake ext. like 400.

if you play with the dialplans in ocs and pbxnsip you will get simultaneous ring on incoming calls from pstn and will be able to call the pbxnsip extensions by using the fake ext #.

the only problem I have is when calling from a OC client to another OC client I cannot get simultaneous ring of the corresponding pbxnsip ext.

Valerio:

Thanks for the update. Did you force registration of ocs number in pbxnsip for each user? Can you provide example of dialplan which would enable the call forking?Assume no luck on presence from phone, correct? Regards, Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I guess you can use in Communicator the Call Forwarding: "Simultaneous Ringing Addtional Number" = "Any Corresponding Alias of the pbxnsip account" to let the extension ring.

best regards

Jan

Jan Boguslawski

Consultant IT Infrastructure

MCSE

Telefon: +49 30 399 784-0

ITaCS GmbH

Friedrichstra?e 121

10117 Berlin

www.itacs.de