snom ONE activation/deactivation question

mattlandis

Hello,

I just got a actual snom ONE yellow box. I wanted to make sure I understand activation so I installed snom ONE and activated. It went extremely smooth. ;-) That was just for a test so I want to set my system back to free. So i removed activation key, clicked save and set back to free edition.

Just want to make sure: Will this give any problem now when we want to activate this on a live system?

Basically the question is: have i properly deactivated it on a test machine.

Thanks,

Matt

You can activate it from another server. But then you cannot use it on the previous server any more (obviously). We intend to support two cases: Changing public IP addresses for PBX behind firewalls and hardware failover when customers loose one box and need to resume service on another one.

The license activcation should minimize the problems getting it working. However if the same activcation key is used in multiple locations, the activation key would obviously eventually get invalid. As per the license agreement, the license is valid only for one site.

Yes, my main question was how to deactivate a server. (to make sure it is not being used there anymore)

It sounds like you are watching for activations and if there are more than one for a certain amount of time you deactivate one of them.

It may be good to email the administrator if this happens. (in other words have snom ONE send an administrative email that this was done--especially if it can happen after an unknown quanity of time.)

Matt

Yes, my main question was how to deactivate a server. (to make sure it is not being used there anymore)

It sounds like you are watching for activations and if there are more than one for a certain amount of time you deactivate one of them.

Right, it times out like a registration. I think it is not generous more like realistic that customers must have the possibity to restore a backup quickly if their PBX host catches fire and they need to resume service.

It may be good to email the administrator if this happens. (in other words have snom ONE send an administrative email that this was done--especially if it can happen after an unknown quanity of time.)

Well, in such a case the admin is the one who does it! Also it is not so easy to really detect the situation. For example, when the public IP address changes every day, you dont want an email about this.