Failover problem

Marc-Andre Dufault

I am using a sip gateway as my main trunk but i also added a sangoma board for emergency calls and other local services.

The sangoma trunk is fine dialing 411 or others.

On a normal call my dial plan looks for 911, 411 ....etc, after will look for * and use my sip gateway to dial out.

I have enabled failover on my sip gateway trunk and tested it by disconnecting ethernet cable.

I am receving a 408 error and the pbx will not try to use the sangoma trunk to dial out.

Configuration info:

Snom one blue ver.4.2.0.3958

12 co lines on sip gateway trunk and doing key system emulation

failover timeout is set to 20 for now but tested it with different values.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Can you please help

Marc-Andre

Timeout is not timeout (a lesson that we also had to learn...).

The SIP trunk does not listen to 408 responses that might have been generated on the SIP transaction layer. Instead, it sets it's own timer and clears it when it receives a code >= 180 from the trunk. These are two different things because otherwise the transaction layer gets screwed up.

Anyway, you should use the settings in the trunk for failover. For the timeout it does not matter if you include busy or not. But you should set the delay that the PBX should wait before it starts the failover (dont make it too short, it might take a few seconds before the trunk can send you a session progress).

I did all that,

I have set the pbx to send me an e-mail on errors. Here is a copy

Dulude Taylor: Call attempt failed on trunk MTO@localhost

PBX will try to reroute the call to sip:5149669052@192.168.1.12 using

the dialplan.

But it still not using the next entry in the dial plan.

I have attached a copy of my dialplan.

Marc-Andre

Domain Administration MTL.htm

We have another discussion right now about mysterious things with the dial plan where we suspect that the phone seizes a specific trunk before placing the call. That would also affect the failover. Maybe you can check if it makes a different to use a factory-reset phone that does not use plug and play (manually set the identity information) or a softphone?

We have another discussion right now about mysterious things with the dial plan where we suspect that the phone seizes a specific trunk before placing the call. That would also affect the failover. Maybe you can check if it makes a different to use a factory-reset phone that does not use plug and play (manually set the identity information) or a softphone?

I have tested it with eyebeam last night and i still have the problem.

Like i posted before i did received an e-mail (only once) regarding the pbx will try next step in the dial plan.

Marc-Andre