Caller ID of redirected call

maslym

When I set up call forward on my extension to any PSTN number, the caller ID of the redirected call is the caller ID of the trunk instead of the phone number of the original caller. I didn't set up anything related to the change of the caller ID such as the parameter of the extension, tel:-alias or the Trunk DID. This problem happens on 2.1.0.2115 (Linux). No such problem found on 2.0.3.1715 (Unix).

Any idea?

There is no such problem if I change back to use version 2.0.3.1715 (Unix) with the same set of configuration files. Also we are using Snom 4S proxy server to provide VoIP service and there is no such problem as well. So I don't think there is something to do with RFC3325. In fact I could see the caller ID of call coming into the pbxnsip on the call history page. So it is just that the pbxnsip replaces the caller ID with the caller ID of the trunk when it forwards the call out. Can you please tell me what's the difference between version 2.0.3.1715 (Unix) and 2.1.0.2115 (Unix) on handling the caller ID for redirected call?

Thank you.

According to the above link, it says that in version 2.1 and higher, if the call is redirected from another incoming call, it will use the original number. I tried to use "$f $a <account>" and "$f $a " as Trunk DID and still it didn't show the original caller's phone number as caller ID for redirected call. I was wondering if this is a bug of version 2.1.0.2115.