p800aul

Check out this link: http://forum.pbxnsip.com/index.php?/topic/3228-skype-for-sip-and-pbxnsip/, it is not baby step but seems to be straightforward...

Thank you

I saw that post thanks, as i'm tyre kicking at the moment and it looks like skype are charging monthly for Skype for SIP, I was hoping for something like the 3cx gateway, while i am sure you are aware of it, it can be found here http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/skype.html.

I guess by your reply that this is not possiable with Snom One?

Regards

Paul

In answer to your question snom ONE does not support skype native trunks.

You will either need to get their sip to skype service or a sip to skype appliance.

I'm curious about how stable the skype gateway in other pbx systems is. You will need to run skype client on your phone system server using these systems. 3cx for example states "The Skype client does not appear to be 100% stable on Windows 2008 which obviously effects 3CX Gateway for Skype". I think these skypegateways may be okay for home or experimental systems but I wonder how reliable in a business setting?

Another creative (and for sure experimental)would be to use the 3CX skypegateway with snom ONE. The 3cx skype gateway is a seperate application that is basically a skype to sip software app. (it appears to me)

But the simple answer is that snom ONE does not support skype natively.

In answer to your question snom ONE does not support skype native trunks.

You will either need to get their sip to skype service or a sip to skype appliance.

I'm curious about how stable the skype gateway in other pbx systems is. You will need to run skype client on your phone system server using these systems. 3cx for example states "The Skype client does not appear to be 100% stable on Windows 2008 which obviously effects 3CX Gateway for Skype". I think these skypegateways may be okay for home or experimental systems but I wonder how reliable in a business setting?

Another creative (and for sure experimental)would be to use the 3CX skypegateway with snom ONE. The 3cx skype gateway is a seperate application that is basically a skype to sip software app. (it appears to me)

But the simple answer is that snom ONE does not support skype natively.

I am tyre kicking for our business (two office, field operatives, mobile phones and people working from home) for a small company. I have to say that while I'm playing with this it seems like a good solution to my phone needs at home (2 pstn lines, 8 dect handsets, four mobiles and a need for an 'extension' to our home phone to travel with us)

I think someone out there in VOIP land is missing a trick at not looking at the domestic market.

All that said just who would you recomend then sip wise?

Thanks for the comments so far.

Regards

Paul