What do I need?

Nick

Hi all,

I'm looking at reselling SON One systems, and have some questions regarding the setup.

What do I need to run the system? Broadband, a PC running the software, do I need a SIP trunk and how do the calls get routed to/from the system?

Nick

I'd like to sell it as a solution.

I'm used to using hosted VOiP systems, and would like to use broadband and SNOM phones as the solution.

How do calls get routed to and from the system? Do I need a SIP trunk or can I just use the broadband?

Is this what you meant?

If you want to use broadband, the most important topic for you will be "quality of service". Voice packets are more critical than for example, email packets. If someone sends out and email with a 20 MB attachment (upstream traffic) or downloads some huge files from the Internet (downstream traffic), you want to make sure that the voice does not get interrupted by this ("Ey!!! Can you stop downloading MP3-files, I am having an important phone conversation here!!!"). While that might be acceptable in free home services, it is not when it comes to business-critical applications. Some people forget this and create a lot of frustration with customers.