Flip auto-dial on?

Patrick

The "default dialplan" doesn't seem to be working for me. (probably something I did) And instead of changing each set, is there a place to turn autodial on with a 2 sec option and then just reboot the sets? I think it would be in the snom_3xx_phone.xml file, but if it does go there, what would it look like?

You can reboot devices from the account view in the PBX web interface (you dont have to reboot one by one any more, you can select which devices should be rebooted and then execute that action).

As far as I remember, hte phones have a seperate setting that automatically start the dial after a certain timeout (but can't find it yet). We tried to use the XML dial plan some time ago, but could not get it working at all; so we switched back to the ERE-based snom phone dial plan which works much better.

The plot thickens. First, this particular system was my first install. I am using the "press enter" pnp dial plan and I did not originally put admin passwords in under provisioning.

So, in order to turn autodial on in the phones I input the admin password under the PNP dial plan in snomone. Rebooting the sets pulled the new config and allowed access to the sets web page, but they bound to the wrong extension and will no longer bind to the correct extensions! And I tried everything. (for twelve hours starting at midnight, not fun at all) Recovery images, mac binding, deleting and creating the extensions, etc, etc. Somewhere, somehow the new passwords have goofed it up. Any ideas?

The plot thickens. First, this particular system was my first install. I am using the "press enter" pnp dial plan and I did not originally put admin passwords in under provisioning.

If this is your first install, try to be careful not to push it to the limit right away. Every system has its own way to deal with problems, and the dial plan is one of these. We have had the experience that during migrating customers from analog system often the automatic dial topic comes up, and SIP does not actually support it the way it worked on those analog systems. Many customers get it when you say "it is like the cell phone", you have to push the dial button to start the call and usually once they know it nobody has a problem with that.

So, in order to turn autodial on in the phones I input the admin password under the PNP dial plan in snomone. Rebooting the sets pulled the new config and allowed access to the sets web page, but they bound to the wrong extension and will no longer bind to the correct extensions! And I tried everything. (for twelve hours starting at midnight, not fun at all) Recovery images, mac binding, deleting and creating the extensions, etc, etc. Somewhere, somehow the new passwords have goofed it up. Any ideas?

You should "link" the phones to the extension with the MAC address, you can still do that by editing the extension (registration tab). Also, it should be possible to change the domain provisioning password, then reboot all phones (from the accounts web page), so that they will pull the new password. You can still get the domain password from the file system, look into the domains directory there is the XML that contains all the domain data.

Talking about file system, I would periodically make backups of the working directory of the PBX (where you find e.g. the domains directory). In case you screw anything up, you can restore the old directory and continue from there.

If this is a purchased license (yellow/blue/green) you could schedule a support help for the first time installations. It is a complex system, but that should make such experiences shorter.

MAC binding was one of the first things I tried. Actually, it's Snom Free and the tech support guy has already helped me through some trunking issues, so I don't want to wear out my welcome. The purpose of the original question was to try to learn how to add things to provisioning. Now I'm in full blown panic as this system seriously degrades. Even the time and date are wrong, though the server, SnomOne and phones have the correct information. It's limping along by hotdesking the extensions back to the correct place.

Strangely enough, I never could access the identity's on the sets and now I can. Changing them puts the phone in limbo. Nothing will bind to the two accounts that I rebooted the first time. I'm scared to death to reboot any more sets.

I did change the provisioning-admin password back to "password" and that didn't help.

2011-4.2.0.3981(Linux)

Ubuntu 10.10 (previously Win XP, but that install had even more issues)

Install is less than a month old and is one of two I have in service. Compared to * or the software I used in my previous job, SnomOne seems a bit unstable and undocumented. Well, that's an understatement, but I'm assuming my learning curve has been some of the issue.

Is that a serious question? Debian, of course. Why are your questions based on me being an idiot? I assume that you work for Snom? This is typical of the responses I got from the ticketing system. Useless. SnomOne will NOT be a serious competitor until support is readily available. I've wasted almost two months on this software and have only been disappointed. Hell, I don't even want to use Snom telephones anymore. If I have a problem with asterisk, help is a phone call away. Immediately.

Forum is not the place for commenting on the questions, it is a place to get/give answers. We do not want to assume anything. That's why we ask all the questions before we send out a build. We have a lot of customers using centos on the Ubuntu. We not not want to waste anyone's time here. Let's us know if you want a newer version.

You know what, no. I don't want to try a newer build. I want an answer to at least one of my questions posted above or in another thread or put into the ticketing system. Stop wasting my time. I'm running a business. I worked Easter Sunday all the way through the next day at noon. That's wasting time.