outbound dialing issue

Frank A

Hello:

I downloaded SNOM Free to try before purchasing the multi tenant version. I have an SBC which this installation sits behind. The only trunk is to this SBC and outbound calls seem to be working fine, but with one destination, the softphone I dial out with goes straight to saying this call cannot be completed at this time. I look at the signalling and it all looks ok.

i was wondering if anyone has every seen this issue before. I have a second test environment with FreeSwitch and it dials to the same SBC and it is able to dial out without issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Frank

If you look in the SIP Trace, you should see which host replies with a failure code to the call (sending a reply of type 3xx, 4xx, 5xx or 6xx, for example "404 Not found"). Once you know the originator of the failure reply (snom ONE or the SBC), you should check the logs and debug. If you want, you can post the log here and we will take a look at it.

thanks for the replies. I spoke with the vendor and they are using broadworks, It seemed to be the issue with broadworks when getting the headers from SNOM. the SBC being a B2BUA passes the headers for the most part so they fixed it.

Now on to the next issue with the message waiting indicator not updating when new voicemails are available or when checked the indicator does not show it gone. It updates when I close the bria softphone and start it up again, just does not update while it is loaded.

Frank

When bria starts up, check if it is sending a SUBSCRIBE message to the snom ONE. The SUBSCRIBE should look something like this:

SUBSCRIBE sip:202@sip.training.com;user=phone SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.11.111.10:1025;branch=z9hG4bK-ogjlmb98l5jo;rport

To: <sip:202@sip.training.com;user=phone>

Call-ID: 3c2676d5f23f-tjbm3hy50hz8

CSeq: 1 SUBSCRIBE

Max-Forwards: 70

Event: message-summary

Accept: application/simple-message-summary

User-Agent: snom370/8.4.18

Proxy-Require: buttons

Expires: 3600

Content-Length: 0

The server should reply with "200 OK" to this SUBSCRIBE. Then leave a message to the extension, and check that the server is sending a NOTIFY message to the phone. The NOTIFY should look somthing like this:

NOTIFY sip:202@10.11.111.10:1025;line=dtuy2001 SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.11.111.201:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-9b835b266fb6c3639051f4e887befe09;rport

To: <sip:202@sip.training.com>

Call-ID: kl3qz5v6@pbx

CSeq: 8248 NOTIFY

Max-Forwards: 70

Event: message-summary

Subscription-State: terminated;reason=noresource

Content-Type: application/simple-message-summary

Content-Length: 93

Messages-Waiting: yes

Message-Account: sip:8202@sip.training.com

Voice-Message: 1/0 (0/0)

Please check these messages, and if you still don't find the problem, post your sip traces here and we will take a look.